Engine Management For Sale!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SOLD

I have sold quite a few things on the forum and I have never had any issues with a transaction. If you have any questions, let me know. Thanks for looking.

Piggyback engine management setup (The Preferred MPI Setup): 575 shipped

-MPI auxiliary fuel rail (2- 42 lb/hr cobra injectors included)
-MPI Tuner (smt-6 unit) w/ heat sink
-Flyin’ Miata o2 clamp
-JoeP Fuel cut defenser
-GM 3 bar map sensor
-Turbo module (keeps the coils from overheating)
-Project box (cleaner install)

The piggyback system is a great way to retain stock drivability (fuel economy, cold start-ups, emissions testing) and tune for boost. Read through the link posted below and you will learn all about it!

The “preferred” MPI setup:
http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123720195

All wires have been taped and labeled for an easier install.

The project box allows for the absolute cleanest way to install the additional components. The o2 clamp, fuel cut defenser, and map sensor are all mounted inside the project box. Holes have been drilled for the wires, vacuum line, and access to adjustment screws. The project box fits nicely under the MSP passenger seat. Further information about the project box, complete install directions, and a detailed outline for this form of tuning is in my tuning thread.

Please note, I spent the following on this setup:

-MPI auxiliary fuel rail with injectors - $350
-MPI Tuner (smt-6 unit) with turbo module - $700
-Flyin’ Miata o2 clamp - $134.99
-JoeP Fuel cut defenser - $79.99
-GM 3 bar map sensor - $82.99
-Map sensor connector plug - $8.99
-Project box - $7

Total: $1363.96 + shipping

It will be yours for 750 shipped. Remember, you will actually have complete install directions and everything will be properly labeled. Again, the project box allows for an even easier and cleaner install.

If the piggyback setup listed above does not sell as a kit, then I will part it out completely:

-MPI auxiliary fuel rail (2- 42 lb/hr cobra injectors included): 250 shipped

The auxiliary fuel rail has served me well and has been leak free. The rail holds two 42 lb/hr cobra injectors (“blue giants”) that have a wide cone spray pattern, which is great for pre-throttle body setups.

-MPI Tuner (smt-6 unit and turbo module) w/ heat sink: 375 shipped

Again, I recommend running the “preferred setup.”

-Flyin’ Miata o2 clamp: 100 shipped

-JoeP Fuel cut defenser: 65 shipped

-GM 3 bar map sensor w/ connector plug: 70 shipped

I took several pictures awhile ago, but the first two have updated dates to comply with the forum rules:

P1010026.jpg

P1010027.jpg

P1000196.jpg

P1000197.jpg

P1000198.jpg

P1000199.jpg

P1000215.jpg

P1000205.jpg

P1000207.jpg

P1000208.jpg

P1000209.jpg

P1000210.jpg

P1000212.jpg

P1000217.jpg

P1000200.jpg

P1000201.jpg

P1000202.jpg

P1000216.jpg

P1000204.jpg

Last edited:
If you're still interested in parting this out (if you want to wait a bit that is fine), I am interested in the fuel rail/injectors and the MAP sensor. You sent me a guide on installing this a long time ago but I honestly haven't gotten around to buying those parts yet.

If you're still interested in parting this out (if you want to wait a bit that is fine), I am interested in the fuel rail/injectors and the MAP sensor. You sent me a guide on installing this a long time ago but I honestly haven't gotten around to buying those parts yet.

im definitely down for a part out.

pm sent

Mpi Tuner

I am interested in the setup. I have a protege mp3 im boostin. I know there are a couple of versions of the Mpi though. Is this one of the newest and what car were you running it in

Don't wait up on me mspHtown. I have far too many other immediate needs that I have to get for my car to buy this for quite a while.

I am interested in the setup. I have a protege mp3 im boostin. I know there are a couple of versions of the Mpi though. Is this one of the newest and what car were you running it in

MspHtown you still on here and lookin to sell the MPI? I am interested.

sorry been moving into my apartment recently (school just started).

yes i am still selling this setup.
it was running on my msp (so a boosted protege).

there are several different MPI setups, the little black box called the turbo module sold my MPI changed over the years. dont know which is the newest.

However, this setup utilizes the MPI but in a slightly different fashion. This form of tuning is the only setup i would ever recommend when running the MPI tuner. Kooldino, owner of speedcircuit, has set up many of his customers cars utilizing this method.

Check out this link, i have a very detailed thread on this setup:

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123720195

If you have any questions just let me know.

thanks for the interest

Mpi Tuner

Ok I would like the setup. Im kinda new to the forum and have never bought anything off any so im unfamiliar. Do you take paypal?

Mpi Tuner purchase

Hey I figured the paypal out. I was gonna send the payment but I thought I would ask a question first. You say this is a little different setup (prefered) I would still be able to run it normal if I wanted couldnt I? Like actually controlling the factory injectors output in boost until they max then kick in secondary ones with TM. The way it seemed like you said its setup now with the o2 clamp it just dumps max fuel soon as it clamps upon boost. That wouldnt be very efficient making a/f linear or is it working differently?

Hey I figured the paypal out. I was gonna send the payment but I thought I would ask a question first. You say this is a little different setup (prefered) I would still be able to run it normal if I wanted couldnt I? Like actually controlling the factory injectors output in boost until they max then kick in secondary ones with TM. The way it seemed like you said its setup now with the o2 clamp it just dumps max fuel soon as it clamps upon boost. That wouldnt be very efficient making a/f linear or is it working differently?

i reply in length to this tomorrow. i have to get up extremely early. thanks for your patience.

The mpi tuner is a rebadeged SMT-6 ecu made by Perfect Power. Modern performance inc, MPI, added a "turbo module" to the setup. The turbo module has changed several times and i cannot tell you which one is newest. One turbo module contains an o2 clamp, another turbo module contains just relays, etc...

I do not recommend running the MPI TUNER in the fashion that MPI would recommend. Look up Kooldino (owner of speedcircuit.net) and admin on this forum. MPI is located near Kooldinos shop and he would have to fix all of the issues that MPI users had coming out of MPI's shop. Kooldino would change the MPI setup to the "preferred" setup.

With the "preferred" setup, you do not control the stock injectors. You can adjust the o2 clamp so a different amount of fuel is sprayed when it is triggered, but that is all of the control you will have on the stock injectors. When the o2 clamp triggers, it does not "dump max fuel." You trigger the o2 clamp right before you leave vacuum and enter positive pressure. You then add fuel with the extra injectors.

With this setup, the car has stock drivability everywhere its important. You dont have cold start up issues, you dont have emissions issues, you dont have to retune all of the vacuum maps, you dont have to worry about the stock injectors.

Please make sure you read the the thread i wrote up to make sure this is what you want. For a piggyback, i believe this is the best solution. But to each their own. If you have any more questions just let me know.

Back