Emergency Responders on Mazdas247

i8urgti

I was just curious to see if there are any other emergency responders here on Mazdas247. I believe there is a fireman on here, and I know of two other EMT's but they are volly's. This includes EMT, Fireman, Police, First Responders, paid or volunteers. Post as follows

CITY:
DEPARTMENT:
POSITION:
TIME ON:
PAID OR VOLUNTEER:

CITY: Bayonne, NJ
DEPARTMENT:McCabe Ambulance
POSITION:EMT
TIME ON:5 months
PAID OR VOLUNTEER: Paid

CITY: Ewing, NJ
DEPARTMENT: The College of New Jersey EMS (campus-wide EMS)
POSITION: EMT (1999-2001), Deputy Chief (2001-2002), Chief (2002-2003)
TIME ON: September 1999 - May 2003
PAID OR VOLUNTEER: Volunteer

DEPARTMENT: Lawrence Road Fire Company (EMS for Ewing township and the city of Trenton)
POSITION: EMT
TIME ON: September 1999 - present

CITY: Perth Amboy, NJ
DEPARTMENT: Raritan Bay Medical Center EMS (interfacility transport)
TIME ON: May 2000 - September 2004

CITY: New Brunswick, NJ
DEPARTMENT: Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital (EMS for the city of New Brunswick, critical care interfacility transport)
TIME ON: May 2002 - September 2005

DEPARTMENT: The College of New Jersey EMS (campus-wide EMS)
POSITION: EMT (1999-2001), Deputy Chief (2001-2002), Chief (2002-2003)
TIME ON: September 1999 - May 2003

DEPARTMENT: Lawrence Road Fire Company (EMS for Ewing township and the city of Trenton)
TIME ON: September 1999 - present

CITY: Perth Amboy, NJ
DEPARTMENT: Raritan Bay Medical Center EMS (interfacility transport)
TIME ON: May 2000 - September 2004

CITY: New Brunswick, NJ
DEPARTMENT: Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital (EMS for the city of New Brunswick, critical care interfacility transport)
TIME ON: May 2002 - September 2005

that is quite the impressive background you have there buddy (2thumbs)

What is OEC?

From Wiki;

Outdoor Emergency Care (OEC) is an award winning course that was first developed by the National Ski Patrol in the 1980's[1] for certification in first aid, CPR and other pre-hospital care and treatment for possible injuries in non-urban settings. Outdoor Emergency Care technicians provide care at ski resorts, wilderness settings, white-water excursions, mountain bike events, and in many other outdoor environments.

Basic emergency skills taught include using airway adjuncts, assisting patients with medications, splinting and bandaging, providing emergency care for environmental illnesses and injuries, using special equipment and techniques particular to non-urban rescuers, and managing prolonged transport.

The standard of training and actual procedures and requirements for OEC is very similar those of the EMT-Basic course and the curriculum contains the skills identified in the US Department of Transportation (DOT) 1994 EMT-Basic National Standard Curriculum[1], although training is specific to needs in outdoor scenarios. OEC technicians are first responders and have the knowledge to care for and treat patients, but not to diagnose them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outdoor_Emergency_Care

Last edited:
Back