Elm 327 or Elmscan 5 Obd II Scan tool

:
2007 Mazda CX-9 Touring
Does anyone here know for a fact if either one of these works with windows 7. I have been researching and while a few say it works a lot of them say they are having problems getting it to work with windows 7. I asked the company and of course they say it works with windows 7. I am wondering if anyone here may have worked with either one of these scan tools. All feedback would be greatly appreciated.

I have a 327 that I got recently and connected to my phone via bluetooth. Sorry, I haven't tried connecting to my Win7 computer. Just out of curiousity, what do you plan on doing once you connect to the PC?

Check the basic stuff, engine temp, pending codes and other stuff that the software would allow me to check. What do you use it for?

Same here. If you have an Android phone, you should check out DashCommand and Torque. I imagine at least one of them is available on iOS as well.

Thanks for the info did the software that came with your elm 327 work on windows 7 as well ? also where did you get your elm 327?

Elmscan 5 does work fine on Windows 7 64-bit. I didn't try it with the CX-9, though, but have no reason to think that it won't work. On a different note, I wish I had gotten a bluetooth unit, so that I could use it with a smart phone.

Back