Electric Fan Temperature Sensor

jon.moab

Does anyone know where the electric fan cooling sensor is located? I am having troubles with my cooling fans turning on and staying on when the car warms up. I have been having overheating issues only when driving up really steep roads ~30-35 mph. While traveling up steep roads at freeway speeds, the temp remains just below the midline and does not move. Any ideas what the problem is? I have replaced the T-stat and flushed the radiator. The fans do not remain on when the car wars up. They turn on and off with the AC, so I believe the relays are fine.

Any insights?

That's also the coolant temp sensor?

Your fans should be on anytime the ecu sees the coolant temps 205f+ and shut off when it see the coolant temp below 200f

Since you changed the coolant did you bleed out all the air bubble?

Last edited:
Shadow - Yes, the fans stay on as long as the AC clutch is engaged.

Justa - Thanks for the diagram. Is that the coolant temp sensor or the electric fan temp sensor? Are they one in the same?

808 - The fans do not stay on when temps are high. They intermittently shut off, as they do when the AC clutch engages/disengages. What is the process to bleed the air bubble?

Shadow - Yes, the fans stay on as long as the AC clutch is engaged.

Justa - Thanks for the diagram. Is that the coolant temp sensor or the electric fan temp sensor? Are they one in the same?

808 - The fans do not stay on when temps are high. They intermittently shut off, as they do when the AC clutch engages/disengages. What is the process to bleed the air bubble?

what she posted is the engine coolant temp sensor...which is what controls the fans.

getting the air completely out of the system without the use of an airlift can be tricky but having a funnel like this is a HUGE help:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

make sure you run the heat so air doesnt get trapped in the heater core as well.

what she posted is the engine coolant temp sensor...which is what controls the fans.

getting the air completely out of the system without the use of an airlift can be tricky but having a funnel like this is a HUGE help:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

I am fairly confident the issue is not caused by air in the system. I will pull and test the coolant temp sensor and replace it if is the problem.

make sure you run the heat so air doesnt get trapped in the heater core as well.

Latest posts

Back