Eibach + 205/55/16 = RUB?

SKY

:
Mazdaspeed3
My MP3 is lowered 1.4 front adn 1.8 rear with Eibach Pro-kit, and I'm not sure if there is a any rubbing issue if I put 205/55/16 as winter tires.

Please confirme.....thanks!

Well I can safely tell you, yes it will rub when you do a sharp turn (ie. U Turn). Or when you try turning and go over a bump/puthole. Now if you are going straight you'll have no problems, just be careful with sharp dips in the road at high speeds. There are small hills in my area that I used to get some speed and go over them just cause of the funny feeling in your gut :) (yes I have a very childish attitude :) ) But car looks great with the bigger tires. Drive carefully when you see bumps and on turns and you should be fine.

Normally for winter tires, you want narrow ones (or at least stick with stock width). Having wider tires doesn't help traction very much. 205/55 is pretty fat but it will fit depending on the offset of the wheel.

I know...I wanted 195-55-16.....but I got a deal on the 205 on rims

I used to have 185/65/14 on steel rims....They are too small and got speedometer difference, so I decide to shop for something else this winter

Back