EGR question.

:
02 protege5 ES 5dr
So assembling new intake, curious what are all your thoughts on Canadian vs non Canadian egrs ?

I have both ( and in Canada..).

I replaced a non Canadian one earlier on in car's life as it was a rusted fist. Any advantages to not looping coolant through it ?
2ba042d99d8f4fdf60cb287ad23e3156.jpg

EGR's are a known problem with our car. The Canadian version is apparently way more reliable but I would assume you would need to hookup the coolant lines to get a a reliable EGR.

I remember a guy here on the forum was a mechanic and he replaced 7-8 EGR's with the Canadian EGR's on protgs and protg5s.
He said they never had a problem again with their EGR again after the installation.

EGR's are a known problem with our car. The Canadian version is apparently way more reliable but I would assume you would need to hookup the coolant lines to get a a reliable EGR.

I remember a guy here on the forum was a mechanic and he replaced 7-8 EGR's with the Canadian EGR's on protgs and protg5s.
He said they never had a problem again with their EGR again after the installation.
Ah cool, yeah I sort of figured. I have a Canadian EGR attached to blown engine, I will just reclaim that one ( as I have the coolant and vacuum/drain hose already plumbed in ).

Lol just trying to shave some time off this assembly. Which I should stop, as it seems like a better idea to go slowly and do a proper install ( always right ? ).

An EGR screwing up can stall your car and maybe even leave you stranded.
The only drawback to the Canadian version is hooking it up.

I've got the installation diagrams if you need them..
There's about 9 pages.

Fantastic ! Thank you, can't hurt to have proper documentation. Nicer versions than the one gif I had originally.

Good find and better post !!
An EGR screwing up can stall your car and maybe even leave you stranded.
The only drawback to the Canadian version is hooking it up.

I've got the installation diagrams if you need them..
There's about 9 pages.

You're welcome.
It's a bit of a pain to post pictures with my phone but I'm getting used to it. (I don't have a computer)

Back