Dyno with Stage 1+ SF 1.03 91 Octane and SF intake, troubleshoot the dip, good power

Quick note: The off the shelf map is going to take some adjusting and some Denso ITV22 spark plugs to avoid knocking. Just an FYI.

I have the ITV22's. There's also the beta maps out there you could try out if you didn't want to get a custom tune. Some have said the current V103 Cobb maps from their site are too aggressively tuned.

Hehe, reread the OP's first post!

MSCAI have been known to give 25 more hp alone, and I imagine the inlet gave him around 5 hp on top of that.

sarcasm pwns u....
I was pointing out the fact that he clearly had other mods explaining the baseline whp...

Really curious about what comes about with your dip troubleshooting. Just got my AP today running stage 1 as well and felt a loss when I was checking out the Dyno function, wondering if its the same thing. Let us know what Cobb has to say....

Well here's what I came up with. The dip was significant enough that I wasn't sure if it was boost cut or knock or both causing the dip but I definately felt it on the dyno. Since i need my daily driver to be in good shape, i put on the "Stock Style v103" map. This is the bone stock style map from their website. As expected the LTFT's are a bit high, about 11's under part throttle, 8 under WOT. However, I get no dips, no knock above 0.7 when cruising on a rare occasion and the car pulls almost as hard as before, just a wee bit less. Downshifting to third still pulls the tires out and 1st and 2nd are a joke.

My spark plugs never came from when i ordered them like 10-11 days ago. I sent an email to Dabears2k to cancel my order and refund my money in full immediately. Their service was non-existant and my order was never filled. I have a seperate thread about that experience.

Ever since i sent an email to Cobb requesting that they update the tune to smooth it out for the mods they cover per tune, i never heard back from them. I will be calling today to discuss this in further detail. If they will adjust just air/fuel for the Cobb SF intake so its more reasonable, i will be plenty happy with the setup. I can feel that the SF intake pulls significantly harder than just the Mazdaspeed cold air in short ram. Not sure if thats due to the velocity stack or what, but its noticeable. (Not absurdly better though).

Look, I don't want to call anyone out or anything and lord knows that I support the AP. However that dyno is so friendly that if it was a hooker you would get all night for the price of an hour.

Like the lose fat commercials - Results will vary and are not typical.

I'm not too sure what your overall point was but the thread is about troubleshooting a power curve dip after an AP map install. Nobody said the AP is junk or the dyno was crap, just that we wanted to make sure that dip goes away.

^^

He's referring to the suspiciously high #s you got and I would have to agree with him. Is it possible the calibrations were done wrong? It also happens to be a DynoJet and they're known to be a bit more "friendly."

As for your "dip" I would say that it's most likely boost cut. I recently loaded up the Cobb Stage1+SF v1.03 map as well and have been logging ever higher KR #s and these last couple of cooler nights have encountered boost cut in 3rd, 4th and 5th gear when going WOT. Logs show that I am consistently spiking to 22.xx PSI and holding anywhere from 18-19 PSI depending on RPM. Along with all the mods in my sig, I also put in the Denso ITV22 plugs at the same time so I don't think the plugs will do much for you either. YMMV on that one.

As of this morning I went and loaded up the Stage2+SF+TMIC v1.03 map and will be logging this for the next week or so to see what #s I get. And if all else fails and I'm still unhappy with the KR#s and boost spikes, I might have to bite the bullet and look up a ProTuner this summer.

Good luck

The dyno is not inaccurate because there was a bone stock new Civic there with a cold air who dyno'd before me (about three cars before me). It has 140hp at the engine and put down 106 to the wheels. Seriously doubt that all the sudden mine lost that much and was inaccurate. Either way it doesnt matter, the car is a blast to drive and i have run a few Speed3's and only one gave me trouble. He had similar mods plus a top mount and a race pipe and edged me out to 110 from a 50 roll by about a car length. He dyno'd somewhere else at 279/318tq so it sounds about right (this was the stock map where i was making 264hp.

so i got my car dyno'd again last night with the SF intake, AP with stage 1+ SF 1.03 91 octane map and a turbo inlet pipe. Car hit a 5.9 knock when floored and also seems to have hit a boost cut for a sec during the knock time. See attached dyno for a huge dip. Knock went away when higher rpms were reached. Putting in Denso itv22 plugs today and going to have cobb turn the boost down a bit. Ideas?

On the brighter note, she made 22 wheel horsepower and 15 torque throughout the board with this map vs a Mazdaspeed intake as short ram on the stock map.

Hey great numbers man, but my question is did you get 285hp and 308tq at the wheels? WHP or is it at the motor CHP??
Thanks.

Back