Dyno Results w/ unchip

gboromsp said:
*This was on a Mustang dyno*

First off my mods are 2.5 catless midpipe, greddy sp2 catback, ion fmic, injen cai, and unichip.

I ran it on map A with the boost controller on (held 9lbs to redline)
I put down 218.6 whp, the torque is all screwed up, so i'm not sure about that.
That hp curve is not smooth though, it is very lumpy looking.
I was happy to put that much down, so on a dyno jet I "should" make about 10% more putting me right about 240 whp.

I didn't run it at stock boost at all, but on this same exact dyno I put down 153 whp when all I had was an injen cai.
If you put down 153whp with an injen CAI on the same dyno, adding 10% is WAY out of the question. That would be like saying that you put down 168whp with nothing but a CAI on a Dynojet.

running a 13.5 with those mods makes the unichip a very nice integral part of a modest street setup-- cant wait to get mine -=(

i think people keep forgetting the unichip CAN be tuned for big power also ....
its just not tuned that way PnP cuz all cars are diffrent . extra and or larger injectors etc
most of the more built cars on the forum are using the MPI or other stand alone . because those are the people that have the skills to tinker with it themselfs.
so natrually you will see bigger numbers from those people .
the unchip does make the car drive ALOT better then stock , without all the make shift clamps , fprs , fcds o2 sims and other crap. any one with a good amount of $$ can get a unichipped set up making just as much power as anyone else on the forum .
they just havent done it YET..
with out custom maps + extra fuel dont expect the unichip to make 250 HP with just some bolt ons and zero tuning , i never expected it to. i wish people would stop trying to bash it when there just ignorant to the situation

P.S. if some one with way to much cash wants to give me oh say 3000$$ for a turboback, fuel pump + larger injectors and custom maps ill gladly show you a 250 + hp msp

NoVaMSP said:
P.S. if some one with way to much cash wants to give me oh say 3000$$ for a turboback, fuel pump + larger injectors and custom maps ill gladly show you a 250 + hp msp
how about 2.4" cs exhaust, intake, tuned unichip, w/ 261hp.(not whp)

Its totally possible, the unichip really does have alot of potential. Not as much as a standalone, but it can stand on its own.

SoniCraze said:
how about 2.4" cs exhaust, intake, tuned unichip, w/ 261hp.(not whp)

Its totally possible, the unichip really does have alot of potential. Not as much as a standalone, but it can stand on its own.

i know man , people just dont do there home work . its entirely posible for the unichip to take a msp well beyond 300hp . (with the obvius support)

most of the chipped msps on the forum are in a mild state of tune

i cant wait to see what happens in a year when more people are busting 250 + with it for all you unichip bashers , why not do a little research on the UC befor bashing ITS TUNABLE just not at home.............

mp5jeff said:
track times > dyno queens!! =)
They're both equal in my book.

A dyno shows what the car can put out, a track time shows what the driver can do with the car from a dead stop.

dynos are for people who don't know how to drive......(yeah, yeah, I'm still getting 2.2-2.4 60' times with drag radials....leave me alone.)

Back