Dyno Results w/ unchip

gboromsp

:
06 WRX
*This was on a Mustang dyno*

First off my mods are 2.5 catless midpipe, greddy sp2 catback, ion fmic, injen cai, and unichip.

I ran it on map A with the boost controller on (held 9lbs to redline)
I put down 218.6 whp, the torque is all screwed up, so i'm not sure about that.
That hp curve is not smooth though, it is very lumpy looking.
I was happy to put that much down, so on a dyno jet I "should" make about 10% more putting me right about 240 whp.

I didn't run it at stock boost at all, but on this same exact dyno I put down 153 whp when all I had was an injen cai.

gboromsp said:
*This was on a Mustang dyno*

so on a dyno jet I "should" make about 10% more putting me right about 240 whp.

Never. Try a Dyno-Jet then post your findings in SAE.

Look at the article in sport compact car about dynos this past issue. Then you'll see what he means.

pdhaudio83 said:
Look at the article in sport compact car about dynos this past issue. Then you'll see what he means.
It all comes down to how they run the dyno. What gear, when they start the pull and how much load.

He actually says it himself same dyno stock car with intake is 153whp, thats what everyone is so that is correct.

should of spent the money on mpi!!! imo not trying to be cruel or anything but i made 226 with stk computer on 10psi.

What did you a/f reading look like. was it good or running rich under high boost and when did it lean out.

JONBOY688 said:
should of spent the money on mpi!!! imo not trying to be cruel or anything but i made 226 with stk computer on 10psi.
Is the MPI a little more than a Unichip? What's the best hp numbers from an MPI owner without engine or turbo mods but with exhaust, intake, and FMIC?

JONBOY688 said:
As a vendor you should know that the Unichip is more than just making huge power. Anyone can go buy a stock MSP and a $40 MBC and make 250 whp....

03MSPRO- show me someone making 250whp with just a boost controller...............yes I did get the point.

not much more...

"Awesome numbers. What are you using to tune it? "

"Butt dyno .. I have no electronics in the car at all. I have my FP reduction kit to drop the pressure since the car is way to rich (over 10:1 AF stock- I am 13:1 on 116 now), my prototype FCD to elimintate fuel cut, colder plugs and just basic stuff (experimenting with plug gaps, heat ranges, etc.).. I am waiting to see how much boost I can get away with without detonating once the 116 is gone and I have straight pump- it used to be 11 psi on a cool night with the stock PLATINUM (who puts platinum in a turbo car anyway- MAZDA???) plugs. I am hoping for 13-15 with the colder plugs-"

03MSPRO said:
As a vendor you should know that the Unichip is more than just making huge power. Anyone can go buy a stock MSP and a $40 MBC and make 250 whp....

only thin i know about the unichip is seeing a lot of members on here having problems!!!! pinging, blah blah this and that. i understand what u are getting at but... well i shouldnt of posted in the first place? and for the record he was at 9psi and i was 10psi no tuning!! goldsbro i meant no harm sorry man!

Back