DVD Video in Bose Nav Unit?

NickPDX

I was wondering? My salesman told me that you could play DVD videos on the Bose Nav system. This was not a selling point for me what so ever and I doubt I will ever really use it ... but I was wondering if he was telling the truth. When I press the button to load the DVD disc it says above the slot only to use the maps DVD. I wasn't sure if this was a precaution and it actually has the ability or if it truly doesn't have the ability to play DVD videos. I would toss a disc in but don't want to risk any possible issues if it is a proper warning.

BTW I have a 2012 CX-9 GT AWD. :)

Thanks!

Don't believe the salesman. He probably saw the "DVD" symbol and made assumptions himself.
There is a way to play video on NAVI screen, but it needs extra DIY works.

Thanks guys ... I assumed this was the case. Like I said it is a feature I can't see every using. Have so many other devices that play video that u hardly need a lower restitution navigation screen paying video for me. :)

The DIY video player intrigues me though. Sounds like a fun hack maybe?

They sell 3 way plug and play harnesses with an interface module with video input, etc. It installs near the rear DVD unit in the rear of the vehicle (for earlier models) but its expensive and not worth it to me.

They sell 3 way plug and play harnesses with an interface module with video input, etc. It installs near the rear DVD unit in the rear of the vehicle (for earlier models) but its expensive and not worth it to me.
I installed one in my wife's '05 Prius.
Not for playing video, but for backup camera (use backup signal as trigger).
Still one input open for other video in....

Latest posts

Back