>>>DRUM & BASS Thread:::::::

I love drum'n'bass. I began listening to atmospheric dnb, like LTJ Bukem and such, and then went into tech step (Ed Rush & Optical's Wormhole), and now I like a lot of the liquid/easy stuff (DJ XRS & Marky, High Contrast).

I have stopped DJing for 1-1.5 years now, but I just took it up again... some recent homemade mixes at:

http://new.uksiland.com/mixes/

There's a dark techy mix that goes apeshit and nasty towards the end (but not too nasty), and there's a liquid, chill mix for the good vibes. Sorry, the mixing is sloppy in parts, and the sound quality could be better.

As of late, I've been getting my dnb fix from newsgroups, using Easynews, alt.binaries.music.jungle.

Before this, I used to roam #sour pubsites and such.

For older stuff, like older AK1200, you may have luck with soulseek.

Boston area dnb scene is much worse than it used to be. There's still one weekly going strong, Elements Thursdays at the Phoenix Landing, but the Rinse is no longer on, Running Fridays got cancelled, etc. Some good news is that there's a new Friday night, on Landsdowne of all places, and they're bringing DJ DB tonight (should be nice).

I dont know of any online places for vinyl i gues i am to old school for that. I am really picky about what i buy so i only buy from shops. I nead to touch and feel the vinyl. Also there is white labels and single sided records that on line record shops just dont have. That and my local dj record pool. All my jungle is on vinyl. Never really buy CDs. The shop i buy at most in Seattle area is Zions Gate and Platinum. I dont think they have a web site they might though.

Does any one have Mix CDs that they would be down to mail out. I still have some of my conects. Might be able to get some one a gig.

Wow - more people here than I thought.

Here's an odd request.

I'm pretty sure it was Scott Henry (edit: might have been feelgood) that did the FEVER tapes. Anyone got them?

Last edited:
i have the last set I made a month ago, its got a couple fuckups because I was completely unsober, but its not too bad. I dont have anywhere to host it from though.

CommieSpeed said:
One of my best friends is a big fan and the largest pirate of all things "Ninja Tune". Are you guys familiar with that label? I think they are UK and Canadian, and he raves about everything on that label all the time.

NINJA TUNE

wrd!!
love all their stuff........ have for years

anyone know of any sites where i could host my tracks?

also astral, your harder mix is good, im listening right now

damn yo there's quite a few of us dnb junkies here. Diesel Boy rocks, AK1200, LTJ Bukem, Dara, Aphrodite is oldskool yo!

For hosting your music you might try www.djcentral.com i am sure their web site is still up. You can host music bios and more.

If any of you live in WA or Seattle and want some recs I am selling some of my old collection. (about 6 crates) PM if interested. Lots of old early 90's UK DnB as well as some new stuff.

yeah ltj rocks the s*** hard. i'm actually obsessing on futute prophecies - warlords rising (not the single, but the full length CD). it's hard to find in the states, so if anyone in europe, specifically norway, has this s*** i'd love to work a deal for the files...

also check out http://www.destroyer.net/radio for some pretty sick streams

Emode said:
saw ltj 2 weeks ago on one of his progression session sets. In wisconsin at least, dnb and jungle is still going strong. parties mainly have that and techno/house/hardcore. Nobody really spins trance or stuff around here, well some people.....der. That and doormouse plays a show like every other weekend here, but thats a little different:)

rob you gotta let me know when these shows drop.

i recommend:
soundmurderer
remarc
exile
repeater
luke vibert (old Plug 2disc)

Emode said:
anyone know of any sites where i could host my tracks?

oh rob i'll give you webspace...

depending on how you compose we ma be able to do a collab sometime?

pz

for sure, if you have ever heard of outlaw productions, those are the people that I kick it with. There are parties thrown almost every weekend, and also bars like mantra lounge that have djs on weekdays too. Also check out industry records over on center, thats my boy minty, hes the s***. Ill take you over there sometime.

Emode said:
for sure, if you have ever heard of outlaw productions, those are the people that I kick it with. There are parties thrown almost every weekend, and also bars like mantra lounge that have djs on weekdays too. Also check out industry records over on center, thats my boy minty, hes the s***. Ill take you over there sometime.

awesome... i'm gonna PM you a login and pw for my webserver ftp... you can upload anything you want there. :)

SpeedMcheen said:
Here's one of my favorite D&B albums. Mixed by LTJ Bukem. The guy makes slick sounds. Mix it with some good hallucinogens and you've got yourself a sure trip to enlightenment.

LTJ Bukem\Progression Sessions, Vol. 4

And another one of his cd's with some good tracks

LTJ Bukem\Earth

Werd! I agree with you and Moeed. LTJ is the bomb. I have several of his albums... His sound is just "intelligent."

Emode said:

Thanks... I'm planning on mixing another hard mix today. I got a couple of "take the roof off" tracks for it :)

Latest posts

Back