Driver's Side Window won't go down.

cybercruiser

Contributor
:
2015 CX-5 Touring 2.5L FWD
Has anyone else had any issues with their drivers side window not going down.

It makes a slight noise and movement like it's trying, but, doesn't really go down, not even a little.

No, it's not frozen, my car is garaged and it's not that cold yet.

I've experienced this with my Mazda 3 quite a few times (but not with my CX-5). It seemed like it would just stick on occasion. For me, I was able to get it working again but continually pushing down, then up and repeating it until it finally started working again.

My drivers side window got stuck this evening as well. Temps were around 32. Definitely annoying. Tried to move it myself but no good. After driving home from work (30 min drive), it went down. Hope this doesn't become a common thing.

My rear left was able to roll down all the way, the other three weren't able to move at all, parked outdoor in Minnesota -1F

So my driver side window got stuck today, again. Should I take it into Mazda to look at? Absolutely ridiculous that this is happening to a brand new vehicle. Temps were around 28. All other windows were perfectly fine.

So my driver side window got stuck today, again. Should I take it into Mazda to look at? Absolutely ridiculous that this is happening to a brand new vehicle. Temps were around 28. All other windows were perfectly fine.

Of course you should take it to Mazda. It's free to have done, and it needs doing.

Not really sure why you are asking---if its "absolutely ridiculous" as you state, and the car is under warranty, take it in

What part is the sliders?

The "felts" around the window frame that the window glass slides inside of. Don't use any old cheap silicone spray, some has precious little silicone in it.

This can happen to any car if the temperatures drop below freezing right after the windows were wet. Typically, a frozen window would not be a warranty item but a responsive dealer might do a goodwill silicone treatment. This will not guarantee that they can't freeze shut but it certainly helps.

Demanding it be treated as a manufacturing defect is asinine because all cars do it if conditions are suitable. It would be like a consumer returning a snow shovel because it kept freezing to his deck!

Not really sure why you are asking---if its "absolutely ridiculous" as you state, and the car is under warranty, take it in

Well because I'm not sure if they're going to do anything since I can't reproduce the issue. But yeah, guess I answered my own question.

The "felts" around the window frame that the window glass slides inside of. Don't use any old cheap silicone spray, some has precious little silicone in it.

This can happen to any car if the temperatures drop below freezing right after the windows were wet. Typically, a frozen window would not be a warranty item but a responsive dealer might do a goodwill silicone treatment. This will not guarantee that they can't freeze shut but it certainly helps.

Demanding it be treated as a manufacturing defect is asinine because all cars do it if conditions are suitable. It would be like a consumer returning a snow shovel because it kept freezing to his deck!

okay thanks. Yeah, I'm just going to go in and tell them what it's been doing and if there is anything can do or treat it with.

Back