Drivers seat leather gap between headrest bracket

:
2019 CX-9 GT
Hey all i'm a recent owner of a 2016 cx5 gt iactive :)

i noticed this after i bought the car as the headrests were all the way down, tried to search different things, but couldn't find this issue. has anyone seen this happen to the seat? car has 48k miles

it's like the front part of the seat is not holding the leather up against the headrest holes. not sure how to fix it.

Thanks in advance

IMG_20180706_120943.jpg
IMG_20180706_120951.jpg
IMG_20180706_121001.jpg
IMG_20180706_121014.jpg
IMG_20180827_114652.jpg

Last edited:
You might need to remove the assembly and try and re-attach (uhm)

Definitely not normal for have I seen anyone post about this.
fa04f03dca19eedf392c879e37007623.jpg

Sounds like the previous owner has done something to the seat and hence the gap

Meaning that's why the headrest were in the Fully Down position when it was being sold.

Yup. Mine is still good and I have an older CX-5 than yours. Try a sharpie pent to make the white stuff look black and it won't show as much.

Find a car upholstery forum and post this there.

It's amazing, we can solicit the input of the world's experts, and not get off the couch. And people are glad to help.

I live in the country.

One night I heard commotion at my grill, and when I turned on the porch light, I saw two raccoons at the grease cup. So I opened the door and yelled, certain that they would scatter. One of the buggers rushed the door!!!!

I slammed it shut, suddenly finding myself in the middle of a Ray Milland B-movie.

They weren't as bad as the bear....

Meaning that's why the headrest were in the Fully Down position when it was being sold.

Haha yeah, I bought it from a dealer. I looked more at the thigh and side support for wear, didn't check the top much. It's a cpo. I'm used to cpo coverage that my BMW had and figured Mazda was similar. Yay it's mostly power train, not new car like coverage. F. Lol

Yup. Mine is still good and I have an older CX-5 than yours. Try a sharpie pent to make the white stuff look black and it won't show as much.
Good idea, I was actually thinking of putting some foam there, but hard to get in right. I opened the seat back, could get enough room to push it up.

Posted it here cuz I thought someone may have experienced this or may have opened this seat before. But I'll try show it to upholstery shop. Dealer had no clue without charging for diagnosis.

Haha yeah, I bought it from a dealer. I looked more at the thigh and side support for wear, didn't check the top much. It's a cpo. I'm used to cpo coverage that my BMW had and figured Mazda was similar. Yay it's mostly power train, not new car like coverage. F. Lol

Take it back and get them to fix it

Where do you live?

I'm in Central Virginia, 100 miles from DC. Charlottesville is about 20 miles up the road, and Richmond is 40 in the opposite direction.

After my bear issue, I was researching on the state's "Game & Inland Fishery" website, and discovered that out of the ninety-some counties in the state, all but 4 have some bear presence. Heck, even Virginia Beach has had bears around!!! Not only is it a large town/small city...it's the friggin' beach!!!

I had no idea.

Good idea, I was actually thinking of putting some foam there, but hard to get in right. I opened the seat back, could get enough room to push it up.

Posted it here cuz I thought someone may have experienced this or may have opened this seat before. But I'll try show it to upholstery shop. Dealer had no clue without charging for diagnosis.

Politely request from the dealer not to charge you a diagnosis fee as they sold it to you that way.

Back