Driver's Power Seat is possessed

DJHakim

I am certain that the driver's power seat moves or resets itself after the vehicle has been turned off. Either that, or I am shrinking at an uncanny rate. Almost every time (maybe EVERY time) I enter the car, I have to re-adjust my seat by moving fwd or tilting fwd. If the seat is not resetting itself, then by now I should be kissing the steering wheel!

I could find no mention in the manual that the seat moves back on its own. I thought maybe it was a "feature" to make re-entry a little easier.

It is called the ghost driver. I have already informed my dealership...informing them it is a pain in the arse.

This is what I think may be happening:

If your car has memory seats, they might have gotten set at the dealer. As with all cars with memory seats, they will re-position themselves back to their set spot when you unlock the car.

If your car doesn't have memory seats, it is probably either a computer glitch or maybe a short in the electrical system.

This is what I think may be happening:

If your car has memory seats, they might have gotten set at the dealer. As with all cars with memory seats, they will re-position themselves back to their set spot when you unlock the car.

If your car doesn't have memory seats, it is probably either a computer glitch or maybe a short in the electrical system.

Memory seats feature is not documented.

A friend of mine's girlfriend is having the same problem with her 2013 Touring. He said this morning it was reclined almost touching the back seat. I too have had this problem once (only had the car 2 weeks), but it was moved only enough for me to notice because I had to reach a bit for the wheel and I could tell by feel, but not by sight.

In other threads, people have mentioned that as you get in/out of the seat, your weight on the edge of the seat can push on the seat controls and cause movement.

In other threads, people have mentioned that as you get in/out of the seat, your weight on the edge of the seat can push on the seat controls and cause movement.

Maybe with the up and down button but the leaning forward button (which is the ghost driver I have) does not seem possible. I even slowly go out of the car today and watch my thigh area and the side edge does not even bend that much so there is no way that I can see it being that for my issue. But...I do know for a fact I did it with my honda odyssey on the up and down button...but those cushions where clothe and soft...my kids miss those seats.

As I was getting out of my car after lunch today I put my hand on the side of the seat incline lever and felt it move just a little as my left thigh hit it. I've been having problems with my seat reclining slightly and I think my thigh has been hitting the lever as I exit the vehicle.

funny, i was just at my dealer this morning getting my mx5 key programmed, and there was a lady dropping off her cx5 for service and i overheard her mention the seat was moving around on her.

I just heard they are going to film a special episode of Ghost Hunters and investigate paranomal activity in Mazda CX-5's...

Sorry you guys are having issues. That sucks! Especially if the dealer doesn't resolve the problem the first time.

After paying attention in the past weeks, the cause was my left tight touching the seat back rest adjust level when I got out of the car. I dunno how the design engineer can miss this flaw.

I solved my problem....I just leave the window rolled down and jump into my cx5 like in that show dukes of hazards. Of course when it rains I get my arse wet...lucky for me I have leather seats (drunk)

This had been driving me crazy in my CX-7 for awhile now and the dealer just shrugs. Glad to know it's not just me...

Funny, I'd seen this thread and kinda dismissed it as an issue. Then yesterday, my wife (primary driver of the CX-5) complained that she keeps finding the seat has moved from where she left it. At first I assumed it was the "hitting the buttons on exit", but she said that last week she came back to find the seatback flat on the rear seat. No way she could've done that by just hitting the button on exit. Hmmm.

I suggest a clove of garlic hanging from the mirror, a cross on the dash, and a silver stake for good measure in the glove compartment.

Back