Downgrade Firmware

Hi,
Is anyone ever tried to downgrade from 74.00.311A to 70.00.367A? I found my wireless CP/AA dongle is not working properly with v74 firmware and would like to downgrade it back to v70.
Seeking your advise whether it is possible and any guide on how to do this.

I'm sorry, I don't know how to downgrade the firmware; but have you tried updating your wireless CP/AA dongle?

Unfortunately you cannot, with version 74.00.311 Mazda blocked firmware roll back.
There is a convoluted way it requires reprogramming SPI NOR and you would risk bricking your CMU, check mazda3revolution 2014-2018 electronics forum.

I'm sorry, I don't know how to downgrade the firmware; but have you tried updating your wireless CP/AA dongle?
Did that, but still the same. The dongle can be recognized by mazda and mazda also shown the dongle welcome screen, however soon after I connect my phone to the dongle and the dongle is transfering the display to my phone AA/CP, mazda entertainment screen is showing blank screen (black screen only), but AA/CP is working and my music is played in the entertainment system. The issue is just limited to the screen is showing blank.
To allow mazda entertainment to properly show the AA/CP screen, I need to return back to mazda entertainment menu (press and hold home button), and access the AA/CP again (press and hold home button).

This issue wont happen if I conect my phone directly using cable.

I think the issue is limited to the wireless AA/CP dongle issue, in which it unable to properly transfer to control to phone AA/CP.

By the way I use Carlinkit 4.0 wireless dongle. It can work for both AA/CP, but it communicate with the car using CP protocol.

Did that, but still the same. The dongle can be recognized by mazda and mazda also shown the dongle welcome screen, however soon after I connect my phone to the dongle and the dongle is transfering the display to my phone AA/CP, mazda entertainment screen is showing blank screen (black screen only), but AA/CP is working and my music is played in the entertainment system. The issue is just limited to the screen is showing blank.
To allow mazda entertainment to properly show the AA/CP screen, I need to return back to mazda entertainment menu (press and hold home button), and access the AA/CP again (press and hold home button).

This issue wont happen if I conect my phone directly using cable.

I think the issue is limited to the wireless AA/CP dongle issue, in which it unable to properly transfer to control to phone AA/CP.

By the way I use Carlinkit 4.0 wireless dongle. It can work for both AA/CP, but it communicate with the car using CP protocol.
There are a couple of settings you can tweak under Carlinkit settings, maybe you could play with them and see if they make a difference?

Got the latest dongle firmware and now it is working.
Hi lutfijw, what carlinkit FW version are currently running and what Mazda model do you have? I'm on mazda FW 74.00.311A and people can barely hear me during regular phone calls. Have you experienced that issue?

Back