downforcers install

enigM@

:
2003 Protege5
Did everyone who installed their downforcers drill the holes? Was the wiring harness any problem?

Someone told me that they used 3M double sided tape instead.

the dg carbon fiber ones? i just taped it in place and drilled. wire harness could get in the way, but u can feel it if u stick your hand under the bumper and feel around gl - chris

L8R said:
the dg carbon fiber ones? i just taped it in place and drilled. wire harness could get in the way, but u can feel it if u stick your hand under the bumper and feel around gl - chris

**thread jack** Yo Chris, I'm diggin' the new sig :)

L8R said:

kewl.. is it possible to remove them when not needed ?

yah, it is. it has the 5 prongs for each downforcer right? another good thing is that since u drill under the bumper, if u remove it, the holes arent noticable, or it shouldnt be. gl dude - chris

ps. thanks for the threadjack and compliment :) cars anyone? hehe

hmm true.. but to remove them u need at least pliers (sp?) and it will be obvious if some one is taking them off. takes a while to pry the prongs loose. i mean, someone could steal my lip ya knaw? but i dont think anyone is going to risk it... when i had them, no one messed with it. i can see how u are worried, but dont worry dude. - chris

Re: Re: downforcers install

o.g.sk8er said:
That all I used. Works great. Just add more 3m double sided tape.

I did not want to drill into my bumper.:D

Yep i took OG SK8ER's advice...the 3M tape worked great...nice and snug and we didnt have to drill the bumper

i didn't put them on yet..

i'm worried that if i use the double sided tape method that they'll fly off if i'm on the parkway (i don't wanna drill into my bumper either)

dude... just drill ;) it drills underneath. u ever remove it, u cant see the holes - chris

i'm like you matttrix...i didn't want to drill holes either.

i ended up buying a set last weekend and used double sided tape...those things won't go anywhere if you use the right stuff and apply it right.

well if any water gets down in there double sided tape can eventually come loose and if you hit anything I'm sure that they'll come loose alot faster too.

I have had mine in place for over a year now with two races on them, and countless 100mph+ driving. They will not come off. Never had a concern with these. The double sided tape I used was in addition to what was already on there. I wash my car every weekend without fail, and the water is not a problem at all.:D
If you can apply a decal straight, you can appy these with little effort.

Patrick

i have my downforcers on with only the 3M tape and not problems...granted ill check them occasionally, and that all weather tape is strong as hell, it beats drilling into my bumper

Back