Down to 3 tire options. Opinions Appreciated!

Preach it brother. Have X-ice and Pilot Sports.
I just bought a set of CrossClimate2's for my Sienna this past Saturday.

As far as tooling around surface roads up to 60 mph I'd have to say they're nothing special. In fact, they're a little noisy, and a little firm that shows up when hitting payment irregularities. That's OK since I bought them for jack-of-all-trades usage: snow and ice performance in particular, wet performance, while being a respectable dry road performer. The directional tread is quite aggressive which one would hope will show up in the snow and rain.

It's all about priorities. If I lived in a place without snow and ice there would be better choices for less money.

My mother in laws ‘18 rides very nice on the Michelin Primacy 19’s. I have 17” Michelin CC2s on my ‘13, I’d get those only if you have a lot of rain or some occasional snowfall in your area.

My last tire on the ‘13 was the Goodyear ComforTred Assurance. They were great for the first 40k miles or so with mediocre wet performance. At 50k miles and with about 30-40% treadlife left, their wet weather performance became nonexistent. The tires were slipping like crazy driving up my mountain road when the road was wet.

Thanks everyone for all of your input and feedback! This was very helpful for me. I decided to go with the Pirelli Scorpion AS Plus 3. I've driven 500 miles on them so far. I'm in sales so I drive a lot. Very impressed so far. Very quiet, excellent ride quality which absorbs small and large impacts nicely, handles great in the dry (haven't tried in the wet but rating on Tire Rack seem very good), nice looking tread pattern. MPG is the same as the OEM Toyos. Stopping distance in the dry seems shorter. They must be very round tires because America's Tire where they were installed used no weights at all in on the fronts and only 4 small weights on the backs which is fewer than the OEM Toyos came with. No shaking or vibration whatsoever. Steering feel is centered and natural, not too light, not too heavy, just the right amount of feedback. Apparently this model is made in Italy unlike some of their other models made in China/Mexico. I could be wrong on that. It's only been 500 miles but I would definitely recommend them. No idea if they are better than any of the other tires mentioned on this thread since I haven't tried those :)

Thanks everyone for all of your input and feedback! This was very helpful for me. I decided to go with the Pirelli Scorpion AS Plus 3. I've driven 500 miles on them so far. I'm in sales so I drive a lot. Very impressed so far. Very quiet, excellent ride quality which absorbs small and large impacts nicely, handles great in the dry (haven't tried in the wet but rating on Tire Rack seem very good), nice looking tread pattern. MPG is the same as the OEM Toyos. Stopping distance in the dry seems shorter. They must be very round tires because America's Tire where they were installed used no weights at all in on the fronts and only 4 small weights on the backs which is fewer than the OEM Toyos came with. No shaking or vibration whatsoever. Steering feel is centered and natural, not too light, not too heavy, just the right amount of feedback. Apparently this model is made in Italy unlike some of their other models made in China/Mexico. I could be wrong on that. It's only been 500 miles but I would definitely recommend them. No idea if they are better than any of the other tires mentioned on this thread since I haven't tried those :)
Thanks for reporting back, and great choice!!!

Thanks everyone for all of your input and feedback! This was very helpful for me. I decided to go with the Pirelli Scorpion AS Plus 3....
Where did you get them? I am probably going to buy these in the fall, perhaps thru Sam's Club.

in US, Currently Tirerack has 100$ off on those. Can also try price match at Discount tire(America tire) as they own Tirerack. Or you can ship from Tirerack to Discount tire and mount them there.

in US, Currently Tirerack has 100$ off on those. Can also try price match at Discount tire(America tire) as they own Tirerack. Or you can ship from Tirerack to Discount tire and mount them there.
Wait, what? Discount Tire owns Tirerack?

Apparently happened last year. I guess they are tired of price matching :)

Yep. Consolidation and removing competition.
Nowadays its primarily DT, Costco or Sams club for new tires. I guess may be Amazon price match on DT but the diff is minimal usually.

A little late to the party as the OP has already chosen a tire but I'll throw another tire into the mix for anyone else who may stop in looking for a new set. I got the Conti Cross Contact LX25 (225/55/18) for our 2019 Jeep Compass. Our daughter is the primary driver but she has had no complaints with them and they are wearing well.

Nowadays its primarily DT, Costco or Sams club for new tires.
It depends where you live. There is no Discount Tire within 200 miles of where I live and that's not all that uncommon. DT has stores in only 35 of the US states. Dunn Tire and Mavis sell sh^tloads tires in my neck of the woods. I'm sure there other regional chains like Dunn and Mavis with big footprints in various markets.

Last edited by a moderator:
Try Walmart for the pirelli scorpions. I bought them on rollback last November, I think it was about $125/tire, quite a deal.

... I decided to go with the Pirelli Scorpion AS Plus 3. ...
Thanks for your feedback report 👍

... I got the Conti Cross Contact LX25 ...

I have the LX25's (on our '19 diesel) and they have been outstanding in all areas except hydroplaning resistance. I wouldn't buy them again because of it. The Scorpion AS +3 will be on my radar for the next set.

Sam's and Costco may have them as well but I'm not sure.
Looks like Sam's carries the Pirelli's but Costco does not at least in the US. Several members on this forum posted that Costco carries them in Canada. In eastern PA I've used Mavis who is good about about meeting/beating prices.

Looks like Sam's carries the Pirelli's but Costco does not at least in the US. Several members on this forum posted that Costco carries them in Canada. In eastern PA I've used Mavis who is good about about meeting/beating prices.
In my experience in pricing tires this past week every place I checked showed the same list prices including Tire Rack with free shipping There may be small differences in install costs or whether a rebate of some kind is offered.

I bought the CC2s from Mavis because I've gotten good service there in the past. Not this time at the Niagara Falls, NY store.

With a 1:00 PM Saturday appointment (not smart on my part) the car was eventually rolled into the parking lot around 3:30 PM. 10 or 15 minutes later I asked if it was still waiting for alignment. It turned out they forgot to do it. The manager then did it himself and I'm then ready to go around 4:00 PM. I asked for the alignment printout--no go because the printer is broken! At least I saw him working on it and I got a verbal report on one left front adjustment that was needed. The manager knocked knocked $25 off the $99 alignment for my trouble. At this point I'm in a hurry and didn't inspect the tires until I got home. Two of these directional tires were installed backward. Back to the shop just before 5:00 PM closing. All they needed to do was swat the right front with the left rear--that took 20 minutes. The next day I noticed they did not return my wheel lock socket. Back again--fortunately they had it at the front desk.

I get this was Saturday afternoon with labor shortages. But really....

Back