Dope kit ... (56k = a no no) JEEP TJ

gjmoreo

:
Blue MP3
This is what I want to do to my TJ ... I think it looks dope ... its a $3000.00 kit though ...

chood2.jpg

chood3.jpg

chood1.jpg

closeup2.jpg

chood6.jpg

kitparts1.jpg

jeepcompare.jpg

What do ya think?

whats so great? I dont know I guess its just personal prefrence, but incase you have not noticed WRANGLERS have had the same body style, (give or take a few things) for the longest time ... this is a change up .... fresh look.

a jeep with just a lift kit and those tires alone would stand out, but this jeep is clean and the whole fron end is different.

It looks pretty damn cool. I just wonder what other jeep owners would think. Let me run out and put MSP badges on my car and see what hell would be raised by other forum members. This kit might be seen as a total insult to the Jeep brand.

lol. With the ongoing lawsuit Daimler-Chrysler is pressing against GM over the 7 bar grille design this should add an interesting twist to it. No, not really. But, I bet the D-C execs. would cringe at the site of it. lol.

D-C figures, if you can't beat em, join em. My only question is, what happens when the sport ute craze gets to the point that their too wide for the lane of traffic? God knows we can't stop the demand for the bigger and better SUV. Do we make all the lanes wider?

CruzinAltitude said:
It looks pretty damn cool. I just wonder what other jeep owners would think. Let me run out and put MSP badges on my car and see what hell would be raised by other forum members. This kit might be seen as a total insult to the Jeep brand.
I have been a long time JEEP owner myself and I personally dont think it would have much if any problems with fellow jeep owners, again we welcome changes and a new rugged look.

I like the "Hummerish" bodykit for wranglers....I need to get a jeep myself. The nice thing is I have friends who work at Quadratec....which is the formost place to get jeep stuff...all I need now is a Jeep!

And to those that don't understand, just reply:
"It's a jeep thing, you wouldn't understand" :D

Micah said:
So you want to make your jeep's hood look like a hummers hood?

I don't get it.
well here are the benefits of the kit other than cosmetic purposes.

Features and Benefits:

25% lighter than factory parts.
Intergrated winch bumper is constructed of 1/4" steel plate with 5/8" D-rings mounted in 1" double-welded steel
Built strong enough for winching with tow hooks that won't pull out
Vents in hood are made using 18ga steel and mig welded
Vented hood design allows for 120% more air flow and offers better cooling
Hood design allows greater tire clearance (4" more clearance) in front fenders and more underhood clearance for larger motors and underhood accessories

CruzinAltitude said:
It would appear that jeep owners are a bit more forgiving than MSP owners.
Actually it's like being in a club once you get a wrangler...if you've ever driven (in) one then you'll notice that pretty much all other owners/drivers will wave @ passing jeeps. As for body modification, it could really be looked at as the same as people getting full kits for their P5s, MSPs, Protege's...with different front air dams, side skirts, rear bumbers, new wings, different seats, CF body parts, Autoexe grills etc. etc....

Me Likee! It looks like a great kit - very cool...

Kits for P5? Nah. Rice. [donning flame-retardent underwear :)]

But THAT looks dope!

Exactly ... in a jeep its a whole diff feeling and scene...
The whole reason the wave is so big and so well known of all vehicles is because people used to wave to other JEEP owners when they would see them on the trail and before long JEEP was the vehicle of choice for almost any purpose off road, beach, young sun lover, towing, top down loud sound etc.
But yeah thats how it started after a while it just carried on into the streets too.

By all means there are still the "ricers" of the trails.
Actually most of them have never even been on a trail, but ...
You can usually notice them by the ALTEZZA jeep tails or the bar lights that do no good and only serve a purpose off the trail. Boy would I hate to roll a jeep w/ a 600 dollar light rack on it

Back