2017~2024 Door switch trim USA model

:
2019 CX-5 GTR
It seems the rest of the world does NOT get the unlock button on the front passenger door. This is a problem when trying to source trim pieces to snazz up the interior.

I want pieces to match what I did in the center console

I found these:
https://aliexpress.com/item/32850701313.html - no dice
and
https://aliexpress.com/item/32818295505.html - nope
and
https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned) - nope

can someone point me in the direction of such an aftermarket trim piece for the front passenger door ?

I've also been trying to find the same pieces with no luck. Have been toying with the idea of trying to modify one that is available, but doubt it wouldn't look butchered.

Every now and then I go on a hunt.. and the North America version is definitely eluding my search. I might have to find a vinyl that is similar.

Took a chance with the trim pieces and it worked out! Ordered the set of door trim pieces from China (where it seems they are all made) and after half a lifetime, they arrived. I modified the front passenger door piece using a dremel tool to create the door lock button hole. The process I came up with was to cut out a piece of painter's tape to match the window button. Lightly stuck that piece of tape on the button with the sticky side up. Pressed the trim piece on top of the door panel so that the painter's tape stuck to the location for the missing hole. Then came the tedious part- cutting out the opening with a dremel tool with a cutoff wheel. Made the hole slightly undersized and used a fine grinding stone bit to gently enlarge the opening to the right size and, at the same time, remove the sharp/rough edges. Did a lot of trial fittings to get the opening for the switch correct. Finished off the cut edges with a black Sharpie so the raw aluminum doesn't show. The result was well worth the effort! Have the matching pieces installed on the console, cup holders, rear armrest, and rear console vent. It's a subtle change, but I like the look better than the piano black surfaces.

Took a chance with the trim pieces and it worked out! Ordered the set of door trim pieces from China (where it seems they are all made) and after half a lifetime, they arrived. I modified the front passenger door piece using a dremel tool to create the door lock button hole. The process I came up with was to cut out a piece of painter's tape to match the window button. Lightly stuck that piece of tape on the button with the sticky side up. Pressed the trim piece on top of the door panel so that the painter's tape stuck to the location for the missing hole. Then came the tedious part- cutting out the opening with a dremel tool with a cutoff wheel. Made the hole slightly undersized and used a fine grinding stone bit to gently enlarge the opening to the right size and, at the same time, remove the sharp/rough edges. Did a lot of trial fittings to get the opening for the switch correct. Finished off the cut edges with a black Sharpie so the raw aluminum doesn't show. The result was well worth the effort! Have the matching pieces installed on the console, cup holders, rear armrest, and rear console vent. It's a subtle change, but I like the look better than the piano black surfaces.

Literally just did this exact thing this afternoon. The 4 doors and console piece were $30 shipped from China to Canada. Took about 6 weeks to show up. I couldn't find a north American version either, so I cut the hole with some tin snips and a file to round off the edge. Used a piece of double sided tape on the lock button to stick to the bottom side of the trim piece as a template to find the location to cut.

I'm pretty happy with how it looks.

IMG_20200710_174714.jpg
IMG_20200710_174805.jpg
IMG_20200710_192357.jpg
IMG_20200710_192333.jpg
IMG_20200710_191630.jpg

Help me get that Ali site in English like I usually do. I can't figure out that Russian link. The google preview comes up in english but when I click on the link it comes up .ru russian

Never mind, I found where to change the language

Last edited:
Back