Door sill protection

No

Attachments

• PXL_20220429_174320264.jpg
    PXL_20220429_174320264.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 140
I purchased a metal sill protector from eBay for the vinyl, and added clear protection on the white rocker panel, 3M Paint Protection Film. The eBay piece attaches with 3M double sided tape. The trick is to use a hair dryer to warm the adhesive, and use much more tape than that which comes with the part made in China.

Thanks all. I think View attachment 309691I'm going to go with something like the black one shown in my first post, maybe find one that doesn't have the carbon fiber look. On my White Signature I think the black would compliment it and look natural

^^^ I like that, depending on how you place it, it can cover the vertical lip/edge

Last edited:
Don't use clear tape. OMG. Far too much like grandma covering the ...what did she call it... o yeah... the davenport... in plastic in the living room we were never allowed into. Just don't...

I have the light up sills... bought back when they were affordable. They have since doubled the price.
I paid $279 on sale from $299. Today they are $499. Mazda pricing for accessories is insane now. This I do not like...

yep. those for 499 are the cx5 2022 ones.
Thus the price increase and they are all metal with led. Different new design but insane price if you ask me :)

The ones you got can still be found on ebay or may be some old stock at some dealers but still around 300$ which is a lot for what they are. Very nice looking though.

Back