Door lock squeak - Normal?

:
2021 Acura RDX
Hey all!

I have a 2017 GT, and have recently noticed that when the door lock goes from the unlock to the lock position there is a slight "squeak" noise. Is this normal? Does anyone else have this?

I'm wondering if the actuator is starting to go?

Any thoughts?

Hey all!

I have a 2017 GT, and have recently noticed that when the door lock goes from the unlock to the lock position there is a slight "squeak" noise. Is this normal? Does anyone else have this?

I'm wondering if the actuator is starting to go?

Any thoughts?

Its not normal, but its a common flaw of the cx5. Mine has done it for 3 years now. Worse in the winter.

Its not normal, but its a common flaw of the cx5. Mine has done it for 3 years now. Worse in the winter.

I'm not super worried about the noise per say, but more about the actuator actually failing (I thought this was a sign of it). As long as it's just a "noise" and the actuator is fine, I am not going to worry about it.

I'm not super worried about the noise per say, but more about the actuator actually failing (I thought this was a sign of it). As long as it's just a "noise" and the actuator is fine, I am not going to worry about it.

Its fine, just noisy. Coming from early 90s fords, i can respect your fear though!

If it does it every time and annoys you you can have it replaced under warranty. Both our cx-5 and 3 does this on occasion. Doesn't seem to affect anything and actually improves with time...maybe as the component wears a little.

Great! I wont worry about it! Thanks for confirming its jisf noisy on these vehicles.
Its not normal. Since it does have a TSB for gen-1 CX-5 replacing the noisy actuator, you should at least mention it to your Mazda dealer when you visit them before your warranty expires.

My gen 1 has the squeak.It took about maybe 3 years till it started(I've had it 4-1/2 yrs now).It progressed from a sharp squeak to a more recent pathetic sound like it's suffering.LOL. Hard to describe.It is what it is.Locks/unlocks fine.So minor I forget about it.

It's a noisy actuator. My '17 front passenger door started doing it 3 days after I bought it. My previous car did it too in the same door position. Mildly annoying but it seems to be fairly common.

I partially solved the problem by disabling the auto lock/unlock so I don't have to hear it every time I shut the engine off.

My experience is roughly consistent with Jmaz and CatsPaw. The two gen 1s developed problem after months of ownership while gen 2 gave problem from day 1. Just nuisance, locks function perfectly otherwise. Problem appears to be worse in cold season, even completely gone during spring/summer.

Mine come and goes, same happened with my 2014 mazda 3 hatchback as well. My 2009 pontiac vibe had same issue but since that car didn't have any lock/unlock beep I use the lock buzz sound as an indicator lol

Back