Dogs in Miatas?

:
19 CX-5 Signature
Got the itch for another sunny day fun 3rd car. Major hurdle is we have a 60# Labrador Retriever so it'd often be me, wife and dog in the cockpit. Our previous was an 07 Mustang GT Vert and I guess I'll end up back there but I'd love a Miata RF! Standing there, door open, looking at the passenger side floor and seat area I figger it's a big NO but maybe least I can do is bring one home and (try to) go for a ride. In the meantime anyone have relevant experience?

We have a small dog and she loves to go for a ride, as most dogs do. She hates riding with the top down though! She can't stand the wind noise so she doesn't get to ride when the weather is favorable.

Strange thing is that she loves to stick her head out of the window, up till ~55mph that is. Plenty of noise with your head of of the window but that doesn't seem to bother her.

The question you have to ask is will your wife be ok with having a 60lb dog on her lap while driving?

We have a small dog too (~20lb Peagle) who only likes to go with the top down. If the top is up or he is a vehicle with a fixed roof, he whines even with the windows down.

I hear you. She says he can lie in between her feet on the floor - I don't see that there's room for that. Only real way it'll work is if wife stays home (or a Mustang GT it is).

Yeah, I see that getting uncomfortable real quick for your wife. There isn't much room for the pup to lie down there. Plus the pup will want to jump up to get a good look around and enjoy that fresh air, not lie on the floor of a convertible. haha

You are half right, the only way it will work is if the wife stays home...man's best friend and all. ;)

Back