Does the newer infotainment get rid of the upcoming cross street display?

chadcf

:
Subaru Forester
Can't find the right search terms on this, but my 2015 Mazda 3 with nav would display the name of the next upcoming cross street at the top of the infotainment display. I picked up a 2021 CX-5 and it does not do this and I can't find any settings to enable it. Has this feature been removed from the updated system or is there a way to get it back?

Don't know about the 2021's but my 16 and 19 both display it.
It would be a shame if they removed it and I doubt they would.

Can't find the right search terms on this, but my 2015 Mazda 3 with nav would display the name of the next upcoming cross street at the top of the infotainment display. I picked up a 2021 CX-5 and it does not do this and I can't find any settings to enable it. Has this feature been removed from the updated system or is there a way to get it back?
What trim level CX-5 do you have? If it doesn't have Nav with the SD card inserted, that feature is not enabled.

I guess people could always just pull the nav card out if it bothers them. No need for the nav card really, unless you actually use the navigation, in which case you would just re-insert it. Keep it in the car until you need it seems easy enough.

I guess people could always just pull the nav card out if it bothers them. No need for the nav card really, unless you actually use the navigation, in which case you would just re-insert it. Keep it in the car until you need it seems easy enough.
I don't think the OP was bothered by it, sounds like he wants it.

Side note: Inflammatory post removed. Infraction issued. Thread cleaned. Remember, please keep threads friendly and on topic, thanks.

Sounds like no one really knows but I'm going to assume it's something that is just not there anymore in 2021 with the new system because I find no options or references to it anywhere.

Sounds like no one really knows but I'm going to assume it's something that is just not there anymore in 2021 with the new system because I find no options or references to it anywhere.
Call the dealer. Sales people should know. If you have time take a trip to the dealer.
I find it hard to believe they would remove it since it's a great option when you're looking for a street but not using the Nav.

Yeah I'm pretty sure it's gone.
Call the dealer. Sales people should know. If you have time take a trip to the dealer.
I find it hard to believe they would remove it since it's a great option when you're looking for a street but not using the Nav.
Sales people are generally among the least knowledgeable people when it comes to finer details like this.

I'm pretty sure this is simply another case of Mazda taking steps backwards in several areas, while they improve a few aspects with the new infotainment system. I've checked through the settings several times and find no way to enable it on the 2021 system.

Yeah I'm pretty sure it's gone.

Sales people are generally among the least knowledgeable people when it comes to finer details like this.

I'm pretty sure this is simply another case of Mazda taking steps backwards in several areas, while they improve a few aspects with the new infotainment system. I've checked through the settings several times and find no way to enable it on the 2021 system.

This is correct though mine seemed decent and walked through all the infotainment options and helped set up the preferences for everything from auto door locking to radar cruise control, nav views, etc. However another dealer I went to when I commented that the 2021 had removed the touch screen said that no it was a touch screen, and then proceeded to try to touch it to no effect.

You guys saying your 2021 shows cross streets:

1. Do you have the 10.25” system? (some countries did not get the new system for ’21)
  2. Does the upcoming cross street display all the time (ie. when not using Nav)?

Yeah I don't even get it on the nav screen. Oddly enough there is a black bar at the top whether in nav or radio mode that looks like it's room for the street to display, but there is nothing displayed.

20211030_150815.jpg

Have you tried defaulting the system to the “factory setting”. My ‘20 Signature has had it since day one. I can’t find anything in the menus, but maybe someone at your dealership unintentionally disabled it?

My 2021 GTR shoes cross streets, and even nearby streets.

Attachments

• IMG_20211030_183145305.jpg
    IMG_20211030_183145305.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 144
OK, so it seems we’ve proven that there is no evidence of the cross street display on the new 10.25“ system In the ‘21 CX-5.
IMG_0041.jpg

1. The cross street display in question is what existing pre-‘21 models with Nav had, where the upcoming cross street is displayed at all times, regardless of what infotainment function is on screen, as shown above.
  2. We have evidence that yes, when actually viewing the map, the names of cross streets are visible (somewhat related but not the question at hand).
  3. ’20 and earlier systems have it. We already know and have experienced it and that’s why some of us wanted and expected the feature on the new 10.25” system in the ‘21 CX-5.

Back