Does Lowering CX-5 Interferes with Smart City Braking System

DCCX-5

Got a 15 CX-5 couple of weeks ago. Looking to stiffen up the suspension however, owner's manual warns says changing vehicle height will cause Smart City Brakes issues. Looking for real world help on if this is fact or fake news.

Thank you in advance.

I've never heard that and I've seen plenty of CX5s that are lowered. If you're lowering it only 1"-1.5" or so I can't see how it would cause an issue. If you're throwing some 22" wheels on it and then lowering it 5", maybe I could see it being an issue. How far were you thinking of going down?

Smart city braking.....isn't that enabled for low speed only?

Appreciate the input. Thinking using H&R springs which is not as much as Cork springs for example. Keeping rims at stock 19in. Only looking at going to 245/50/19 tires. SCB system is low speed only, however, don't want the system misreading due to what would be a change in angle the laser from the windshield.

i believe if you lower it consistently all around should be ok, this topic was also talked about on the mazda 3 forum,
basically you do not want to reduce the rake angle.

i believe if you lower it consistently all around should be ok, this topic was also talked about on the mazda 3 forum,
basically you do not want to reduce the rake angle.

Which is precisely what H&R springs will do (and that's part of their charm:)). You get a 1.25" drop in the front and 1.75" in the rear which essentially levels the vehicle. Have the headlights adjusted after the install.

DCCX-5, if you end up buying the lowering springs, maybe you could test this for everyone here. Do a few Smart City Braking tests before the installation, then do the same tests after the fact and post the results.

Also, I wonder if the SCBS can be re-calibrated by the dealer after the car has been lowered?

Back