Does anyone know to remove the pinstripe on their Mazda3?

cbafever

My Mazda3 came with a white pinstripe under the window and would like to remove it. Does anyone know how to do it without damaging the paint? Also will there be any reminiscent of a pinstripe once it is removed?

Last edited:
well it depends what it's made of really, vinyl, paint etc... you can always use 3M adhesive remover, it's completely automotive paint friendly, won't remove your finish or anything.

Really hot water and a towel will work just as well as the 3M adhesive remover.

To get it off you just need fishing line or floss and either do it on an extra hot day or use a blow dyer and heat up the stripe. (this makes it a lot easier to remove.)

All I did was peel it off with my fingernail really carefully. Didn't leave any residue. For future people that need help.

For clarity, I think he's talking about a pinstripe "decal" that runs from the trailing tip of the headlight lens, along the upper body line on the front fender, just below the windows on the sides and finishes at the back corner just above the tail lamps, NOT the thin body-colored side molding that's half-way up and only on the doors.

Sounds like either way, it's "Grip it and Rip it."

Back