Do not buy this.

tha TOM Motorsport coilovers are the worst thhing you can buy for your car, they are Crap, i got them from this place ProStreetLighting there customer service socks too do not recomend carefull they list there items on e-bay:mad:

I met a Pep Boys employee with an '02 Protege with those coil overs on, never got to see the car though. I had no idea what he was talking about when he said he had them, so I thought they were crappy...he also thought he would get 300WHP with the Spoolin turbo. 300WHP on a Pro? Yeah right!

gcs118 said:
I met a Pep Boys employee with an '02 Protege with those coil overs on, never got to see the car though. I had no idea what he was talking about when he said he had them, so I thought they were crappy...he also thought he would get 300WHP with the Spoolin turbo. 300WHP on a Pro? Yeah right!

300 WHP on a pro with a Spool kit is in the very near future. Visit the Forced Induction section.

One of our members in Calgary had the Toms coilovers and he had some noises coming from them. They are not worth the trouble as it damaged something in his suspension, can't remember what though. He took them out and got some H&R springs, no hassles after that...like most people say, you get what you pay for...Toms may be cheap, but will bite you in the ass later on.

hey in light of recent events in the msp section, im gonna move this to rims/tires/suspension so more people can see this complaint, ok?

GOTZOOM? said:
300 WHP on a pro with a Spool kit is in the very near future. Visit the Forced Induction section.

When I stated my comment (5 months ago), the most I knew of was 200WHP kit. I am not interested in FI at all with my vehicle, but its good to see that they are progressing. More power to the Protege!

gcs118 said:
When I stated my comment (5 months ago), the most I knew of was 200WHP kit. I am not interested in FI at all with my vehicle, but its good to see that they are progressing. More power to the Protege!

OOOPs, I didn't realize the date on that post. Sorry! Someone dug up an old thread again and screwed me all up.:D

CHEAP !

That's right, you got what you have PAID for. Those "Txx Motorsport" spring were made in Taiwan, and they were CHEAP. A lot of peoples still don't know what they REALLY want. Why they buy coilover?????Want to change the height themselves at any time??????Want to have NORMAL (OEM) height in the morning, and drop to -2" at Friday night?????

If not the case.......what the f$@k you want with those CHEAP coilover for???? COILOVER......sounds good Right??? It sure sounds much better than lowering spring........

So, you want (sound) coilover.......buy them.....the cheapest you can get....on eBay????Txx motorsports??????or....?????? Please use your head....how can you MAKE 4 springs with all the aluminum accessories....in such low price...USD$ 59.99, USD$ 65.00 or USD$ 70.00???????? Whay Tein's coilover worth USD$ 1000.00 and more????You want coilover, those cheap guy will sell you those coilovers......Drop your Protege to 2"...happy?????I am sure you DO NOT care about the ride, about quality of the material or the most important - PERFORMANCE?

To all Protege members, please ask yourself why you want to install coilover????What is coilover????What coilover can do for you????Are you willing or be able to change the height of the spring everyweek?????What about the alignment????

I am sick of those cheap coilover stuff !!!!

relax dude...i just wanted some feedback from other members. it's obvious they're cheap and would most likely cause problems.

ice

Re: CHEAP !

sparkcoTech said:
That's right, you got what you have PAID for. Those "Txx Motorsport" spring were made in Taiwan, and they were CHEAP. A lot of peoples still don't know what they REALLY want. Why they buy coilover?????Want to change the height themselves at any time??????Want to have NORMAL (OEM) height in the morning, and drop to -2" at Friday night?????

If not the case.......what the f$@k you want with those CHEAP coilover for???? COILOVER......sounds good Right??? It sure sounds much better than lowering spring........

So, you want (sound) coilover.......buy them.....the cheapest you can get....on eBay????Txx motorsports??????or....?????? Please use your head....how can you MAKE 4 springs with all the aluminum accessories....in such low price...USD$ 59.99, USD$ 65.00 or USD$ 70.00???????? Whay Tein's coilover worth USD$ 1000.00 and more????You want coilover, those cheap guy will sell you those coilovers......Drop your Protege to 2"...happy?????I am sure you DO NOT care about the ride, about quality of the material or the most important - PERFORMANCE?

To all Protege members, please ask yourself why you want to install coilover????What is coilover????What coilover can do for you????Are you willing or be able to change the height of the spring everyweek?????What about the alignment????

I am sick of those cheap coilover stuff !!!!

wow.:wtf:

Well, I might be a little bit of "over reacted" sorry! But, being a manufacturer of performance parts for over 10 years, sometime just wondering how people can design, make and sell those "crappy" stuffs. It is just my own opions !!

Back