Didn't take much time before Mazda jumped on this....

jcpharm

:
2016 CX-5 GT AWD/ 2016 CX-9 GT AWD
In view of the Toyota recall, a local Mazda dealership here in Northern NJ sent this email out (talk about seizing the opportunity):

DUE TO THE BREAKING NEWS THAT TOYOTA HAS SUSPENDED SALES OF 8 VEHICLESINCUDING COROLLA, CAMRY, RAV4 AND HIGHLANDER

OPEN ROAD MAZDA OF MORRISTOWN HAS INCREASED INVENTORY ON MAZDA3, MAZDA6, MAZDA CX-7 AND MAZDA CX-9 TO HELP CONSUMERS LOOKING AT TOYOTA.

ATTENTION:
CURRENT HONDA, TOYOTA AND NISSAN OWNERS RECEIVE AN ADDITIONAL $500 OFF PURCHASE OR LEASE!**

Not to mention uggliness and/or very boring styling...Nope, no Toyota for me either, although if I was given a Toyota I would take delivery of it and drive straight to a Mazda dealer to trade it in and get me perhaps a CX-7, MS3, or another Mazda5.

I got an email yesterday from a local dealer offering an extra $500 to Toyota, Honda or Nissan drivers.

"...HAS INCREASED INVENTORY ON MAZDA3, MAZDA6, MAZDA CX-7 AND MAZDA CX-9 TO HELP CONSUMERS LOOKING AT TOYOTA"

Even an idiot could recognize this as a bald-faced lie. But I'm sure they're fullly aware that some people will believe anything.

I just purchased a 2010 CX-9 GT and the dealer was also doing the $500 rebate for owning a Toyota. We had a Highlander that we were replacing with the CX-9. We didn't even trade it in to them, just had to show proof of ownership. Plus got the $500 Mazda loyalty cash for having on 03 6.

Back