Delivery times.. What are you waiting?

Kjendal

:
CX-5 Sport Nav
Hi all,

For those that have ordered a CX-5 and are awaiting its delivery.

How long have you been waiting or how long have you been told to wait for delivery of your nice new toy?

I bought my CX-5 today in Houston. Got the only one they had, a car with 5,000 miles that had been used by Mazda Corporate for advertising and had been delivered to the dealer yesterday. They had no other CX-5s left (they sold their last 5 yesterday), and were taking deposits for cars to be delivered in the 3rd and 4th weeks of October.

Just took mine in to Jim Ellis in Atlanta for the first oil change(free) and they had 10 or so parked in front of the dealership...

In sweden we are having a deliverytime around 6-8months. Its unfair we do not have any cars and you americans are stocked up on them! :(

Hey there, USA New York here. I ordered mine June 28th, and they estimate it will be here within the next 2 weeks...so all in all 3 month wait. They have alot of tourings on the lots, but I wanted the GT with tech package. I've heard they are having issues with the 19 inch wheels in Japan.

robertmazda, just curious..which dealer did you go to?
I went to mine (Performance) last week and they had about 8 or 9 CX-5s on their lot (2 GTs, the rest Tourings).

In sweden we are having a deliverytime around 6-8months. Its unfair we do not have any cars and you americans are stocked up on them! :(

maybe we have some but in the rest of the world, you have many choices that we don't, you can have the 6MT with AWD , we don't (notcool), you have the disel motor, we don't, ;-)

i bought mine july 30th, i will have it this thursday, finally !!!

Last edited:
maybe we have some but in the rest of the world, you have many choices that we don't, you can have the 6MT with AWD , we don't (notcool), you have the disel motor, we don't, ;-)

i bought mine july 30th, i will have it this thursday, finally !!!
Thats true! Got an AWD with 175hk 2.2 Diesel, so worth the wait i guess :)
Would not buy anything but auto on this type of car tho. Comfort ftw!

Quote from a UK Dealers e-mail:

I have checked all routes possible and at the moment for an Sport Nav (Grand Touring) model (and most other models) we would expect a delivery of 4-6 months for one of these.

This may come forward depending on production schedule and as to whether a vehicle comes available from Mazda UK.

Last edited:
Put a deposit down for a FWD White Touring Moonroof Bose / Tech ... took them a week to locate one they could do a dealer trade for ... Unfortunately it is a dealer in Houston ... They are going to be driving it back to Dallas (roughly 300 miles) rather than flatbed it over hopefully nothing happens to it on its way back :(

Good luck! I would say you should make the drive out there and buy it from that dealer instead but then seeing the 300 mile trip? yikes about 6 hours probably. I don't trust these dealer guys driving these things. Probably going to abuse the damn thing driving it up, I always hated that.

Good luck! I would say you should make the drive out there and buy it from that dealer instead but then seeing the 300 mile trip? yikes about 6 hours probably. I don't trust these dealer guys driving these things. Probably going to abuse the damn thing driving it up, I always hated that.

I got a pretty decent deal on the CX5 because my in-laws bought a mazda 3 at the same time ... No one in Dallas that they could dealer trade with (or that I checked on) has a White CX-5 with my build out. I spoke with the salesmen and he said they inspect the car when they receive it during the trade and they will do another inspection when they bring it back to make sure the car doesn't have any blemishes (detail it also after). The Houston trip generally takes about 4-4.5 hours depending on traffic.. The highway they use is in decent shape and an easy drive so hopefully he doesnt rag on it... I am more worried about blemishes that could damage the hood or bumper during the trip ...

but oh well If I don't like it at inspection I just wont buy it .. I didnt sign anything really other than give them a check to hold it.

I only had to wait 8 days. It only had 2 miles on it when I picked it up, and that was from them driving it up the road to fill up it up with gas. The salesman called me when they were getting it off the truck, then sent me pics of it on the ground with the white plastic wrap still on it.

I've got a couple weeks in so far waiting for my sport manual. Should be here this week or next. It was only hard to find because of the manual. But lots out here have plenty of auto's.

Took delivery today of a zeal red GT with tan leather. It was on the lot in 8 weeks ready for me. I'd been told 10 - 12 weeks for delivery but it arrived early.

My wait was because I wanted a specific exterior/interior colour combo. Didn't want to choose from the limited stock they had on hand. Hope you enjoy your car.

In Houston, I got a Metropolitan Gray GT with black leather the same day.

Ordered Mazda CX-5 2.2 150ps AWD SE-L NAV yesterday from Mazda Hexham UK, salesman said expect delivery January 2013.

New CX-5 has arrived!

I ordered a 2013 CX-5 AWD Touring with Bose/moon roof and Tech package on July 31 and was told to expect 12 weeks for delivery. However, my dealer received the car on September 24 (only 7 weeks) and I picked it up yesterday. I was told that all orders go in on the first day of the month so ordering at the end of month reduces wait times.

I am accustomed to driving high end cars but this gem has them all beat! What do I like the most about it? This is difficult to explain - there are a lot of intangibles that add up to the complete package. It's the way it responds to control inputs (whether the throttle, brake or steering) and the engine has a very nice sound/feel. I had forgotten how much I like inline 4 cylinders! I especially like the crisp shifting 6-speed automatic. It shifts so precisely and quickly without a hint of abruptness and can always find the perfect gear to be in at any time. Why can't Ford figure this out? The whole chassis feels rigid, solid and very safe. The car is easy to get in/out of and everything works seamlessly and seems well integrated. This car just loves to tool around at moderate speeds and feels totally at home in a wide variety of motoring situations. The car is big on the inside but small and nimble on the outside. What don't I like about the car? I wish it had a Garmin GPS. The Tom Tom is a budget replacement. Also, the climate system has a noticeable plastic smell. I hope it dissipates in the days/weeks to come.

The exceptional fuel economy is a bonus that increases my daily enjoyment. With 100 miles on the odometer and a mix of Interstate, country roads and rush hour city traffic the trip computer reports 33 MPG. I expect the actual MPG to be a couple MPG lower. I don't really enjoy fueling my cars and the range of the CX-5 will minimize the amount of time I stand in front of the pump. Who can argue with that?

Last edited:
Back