Dealer charges for filters

Its not the filter cost that kills you its the labor. I can literally do this within 45 seconds flat with a beer in my hand.

Looking at a dealer north of me I see on their 25K service that only item different from 20K service is changing the cabin filter... for an additional $86.95..yikes

Screen%20Shot%202015-09-18%20at%2011.18.29%20AM.png

That is where I bought my CX-5 and the entire experience left a very bad taste in my mouth on multiple levels. I will never purchase or have a car serviced again at any dealership owned by the Tapley Auto Family. It's hard to understate the number of questionable busine$$ practices I've witnessed there. Charging $87 more to replace the cabin air filter pales compared to what I've seen. Fortunately, they recently lost their Jeep/Chrysler franchise license.

Ed, keep your eyes open on ebay. I got a 6 pack of oem skyactive oil filters for ~$36 about a month ago.

Dealership rip offs...

Looking at a dealer north of me I see on their 25K service that only item different from 20K service is changing the cabin filter... for an additional $86.95..yikes

And the above isn't the only way dealerships rip you off. I try to stay away from dealerships at all costs... that is unless it's a repair or service that's covered by my 3 year, 36,000 mile factory guarantee or government recall, then in the dealership shop it goes. I've learned the hard way how they nickle and dime you to death.

CX5T Lover

Latest posts

Back