Dashhawk question

bradboyd80

:
'12 Velocity Red MS3
For those of you with Dashhawks.....have you ever had any problems with the LED's going bad? The one in the bottom left portion of the screen is stuck on purple, regardless of what I change the color to. Its annoying as hell and when dark enough, it blocks out whatever is in the bottom left pane. Usually its pretty dark at first, but after driving for a while it seems to lighten a bit. Anyone else ever experience anything like this?

For those of you with Dashhawks.....have you ever had any problems with the LED's going bad? The one in the bottom left portion of the screen is stuck on purple, regardless of what I change the color to. Its annoying as hell and when dark enough, it blocks out whatever is in the bottom left pane. Usually its pretty dark at first, but after driving for a while it seems to lighten a bit. Anyone else ever experience anything like this?

crap, I have not, but the thing feels warmish hot while plugged in the car.

AND, the crappy DH forum, has multiple references to bad LCD

crap, I have not, but the thing feels warmish hot while plugged in the car.

AND, the crappy DH forum, has multiple references to bad LCD

Yeah, I've noticed it does run rather warm; but I chalked it up to the combination of it being plugged in plus the "wonderful" florida heat.

Yeah, I've noticed it does run rather warm; but I chalked it up to the combination of it being plugged in plus the "wonderful" florida heat.

and its lcd, not led. so it is heat sensitive. like a calculator left in the sun

I think NOT leaving in the car would be a good idea

Oh ok....I noticed the lights at the bottom of the screen illuminating so i thought they were led's. I do make sure to take it out of the car every time I park it though; so I'm not sure what happened to it.

yes keep it out of direct sunlight whenever possible, I have read alot of people having the LCD screens going bad. I always cover mine with a cloth when the car is sitting parked.

That's probably what happened then. I left it in the car for about 30 min one day when I went into the store. Well I guess I can only hope it doesn't get worse.

just take it out of direct sun from now on and it should be okay, should get any worse from this point on now you know what's causing it.

Well after it starting acting up, I started putting it in the center console every time I get out of the car. Hopefully it doesn't get worse and just stays the way it is.

it should be fine, worst comes to shove you can always replace the LCD later down the road, I'm sure someone has replacements.

I actually started storing mine in my center console, cause the weather is getting rather warm here in OK, and i went to plug it in today and it's just blank, nothing, nada. Kinda upset!!

Yeah, I actually started taking it out of the car entirely when I'm not driving it because I don't want to risk it.

Update: Talked to MSD and they said there is a 14 month replacement warranty from the day you bought it. So I just am mailing it in with the reciept to them and getting a replacement. SWEET!!

Last edited:
Wow, I guess thats one less thing im going to buy! man I hate cheaply made exspensive stuff!(argh)

Its still worth it in my opinion. Yeah, the screen has had some issues, but it doesn't affect the functionality at all. Besides, I can't blame MSD....I'm the one that left it in the hot car. If you remember to keep it out of the heat, its probably one of the best mods out there. It just has so many useful functions. I'm actually debating getting rid of my dashpod and boost gauge now since there's no need for it.

Back