Dashhawk measurement of boost question

keymaster

:
2007 Mazdaspeed 6 GT
So I set up my new Dashhawk, and I have been trying to find the option to display boost. I get numbers if I select Boost/Vacuum, or Boost in Kpa or the other units, but I don't get any readings if I select Boost in PSI. All I can think is that I'm not selecting the right option, but I can't find another selection that looks like it would give me boost in PSI. And, I'm producing boost, or else I have an amazing engine that goes like hell without it... :)

While I'm here, are there any items on the list that I should definitely have on the display? Any from the other manufacturers that work for our car that are useful? I'm just playing with it now, trying to get it set up in a way that's going to give me good information while I'm driving around.

Thanks!

I'm pretty sure the boost PSI setting is listed just a few options down the list under "Air" in a little below the Vac/Boost selection.
If not, did you try the Mazda specific "Air" selections? Lastly, did you download the most up-to-date software directly from the MSD website? Cause once you do that, you should also plug in the DH to your PC and use the software "upgrade" option for the DH firmware.

i keep 3 main screens i mostly switch to... in process of setting up more.

For startup/warmup, i have
Screen 1: Ambient Air Temp, Cat Temp, Run Time & Engine Coolant Temp...
For running, i have
Screen 2: Vac/Boost, Intake Air Temp, Engine Coolant Temp, Air/Fuel Ratio...
Screen 3: Boost PSI, Knock Retard, Throttle
Screen 4: (Bar Graph) Vac/Boost, RPM

I havent had my DH very long, so im still setting up my profile with enough info per screen. but thats what i setup so far.

yeah its not where youd think it is.. it might be in mazda specific set ups.. it took me a while to find it.. the big problem is it cant be read by you live really it moves way too fast... so mostly its helps just a little.. but its good to see how high youre pressure is..

yes you can read it live... if you got your DH at eye level. i can actually SEE the boost that im holding along my powerband.

I actually hold around 15.25/15.5 after initial spikes up to 18 psi with my turbosmart BPV. before with the stock bpv, i could see it slowly drop right away from 15 down to 13 and under. As for as live number monitoring at all times, of course not... just quick glances... if you want to be aware of boost at ALL times, get a regular analog... DH wasnt created purely for boost monitoring...

I do have the newest version of the software, with the newest firmware installed, though downloading again might not be a bad idea. I am also apparently using the right setting for boost...I did see some numbers in town today, but really quick, and I just haven't had the chance to run at high RPM since I installed the Dashhawk so I must not be seeing the lower numbers before I shift in town. I was expecting to see 2-3PSI if I held at 3000rpm, but it's not registering...I'll have to do some freeway runs or something to check it out this weekend. This is making me think about a boost gauge, though I wonder how the AP will display boost (whenever I get around to putting that on).

I've got all the screens set up with parameters, and I'm figuring out what they all mean. I do have one with the temperatures on it that I'm watching for warm up...great minds think alike. ;) The logging is also instructive...just logging around town teaches you a lot about how you drive and what it does to the car. Pretty handy little device...too bad it's down in the ash tray and tough to look at all the time.

Back