Dash rattle- fixed!

Matsuda03

I had an annoying dash rattle at freeway speeds. Finally, I investigated. It turns out that the screws under the steering console (the part that moves when steering height is adjusted) were loose. In particular, the one at 12:00 which has a washer. Tightened them up and now no audible rattle. I hope this helps someone!

good to know. my car makes so much noise behind the whole console on really cold start its impossible.

i have a rattle that sounds like its coming from inside my dash... can't quite figure it out. apparently the previous owner had a few pieces of aftermarket stereo equipment so for all i know there could still be some loose stuff in there. haven't pulled it apart yet to find out though.

I too have a rattle, i found that it was coming from the clear plastic in front of the speedo/tach was vibrating and hitting the black plastic surround (mostly at the top)

I pulled that speedo surround piece too and put a few pieces of those peel-n-stick felt things meant for furniture. Much better.

Ideas - How to?

Ok, sounds like I got all that and a bag O' chips. My dash rattles like mad on the right side (somewhere near the pillar), clear plastic in front of speedo, and probably more, but those are the loudest. Any tips, how to's from anyone on the fixes for this. Now that it's getting cold the rattles are making their winter appearance.

I hate messing with my dash. Last time I did on an old car I busted pieces so any help would be appreciated. thnx.

I also have something loose behind the radio like a buzz sound when the rpm hit 1600. And also anmother rattle near the right pillar, it may be inside the door(my door lock also make noises) but it hink its the fender that is loose where the door is...i dont know but those rattle drive me crazy! The other morning the rattles were so loud, it was louder than my exhaust(header/muffler) i was like WTF!

Last edited:
Mine still has a rattle as well. Right around the 2k rpm mark. I'm going to look around and see if I can pin it down because it is the only thing I don't like about my P5.

I get an annoying buzz/rattle around my shifter at about 3k rpm. So damn annoying!

Back