Dash Lights

FrankenMazda3

:
2010 Mazda Axela
Is it possible to change out all the dash lights in a 2010 Mazda 3? If so where can I get the bulbs and does anyone have a good write up on how to do it? I want to change the all the red LEDs to green.

Im sure its possible somehow... have you checked out superbightleds.com? they have pretty much everything you can think of for the inside of your car and i know they have green LEDs. I just ordered all the lights to change out in my car but my dash lights...

Are you talking about the radio lights etc? or just the Dash lights? Like speedometer?

Im sure its possible somehow... have you checked out superbightleds.com? they have pretty much everything you can think of for the inside of your car and i know they have green LEDs. I just ordered all the lights to change out in my car but my dash lights...

Ive been to that sight I just don't know the exact size of the bulbs.

To the best of my recollection, it's been done in a protege - on this site no less. It would most likely require soldering. You've rekindled my interest in doing it, though.... If I do it, i'll do a write up, haha.

To the best of my recollection, it's been done in a protege - on this site no less. It would most likely require soldering. You've rekindled my interest in doing it, though.... If I do it, i'll do a write up, haha.

A write up would be helpful. They are soldered and I know how to take them off and re solder them that's easy. The hard part will be cracking open the dash and now void any warranty's and such.

A write up would be helpful. They are soldered and I know how to take them off and re solder them that's easy. The hard part will be cracking open the dash and now void any warranty's and such.

Well, I can't speak to the Mazda 3, but it was cake getting to the instrument cluster circuit board in the protege... I guess the 3's could be a bit more comPlicated... Goodness knows they look better on the inside haha

Well, I can't speak to the Mazda 3, but it was cake getting to the instrument cluster circuit board in the protege... I guess the 3's could be a bit more comPlicated... Goodness knows they look better on the inside haha

The MZ3 cluster has a IC board that contains the lights (which are the specialized LEDS that can be dimmed) as well as the other gauges. The cluster also has a CAN line to the ECU as well because the cluster shows data from the ECU regarding certain engine and trans components. If it malfunctions it sets a code. Not something I suggest fooling around with.

I've seen it. You need to take the LEDs out and solder in the new ones. It looks to be a pain in the ass because the LEDs are tiny, but numerous.

Well hearing all this make me think I should not do this. No matter how much I want to. I don't fully trust myself with certain things and I have a brand new car. I really don't want to break something. But I will be painting the interior trim green to match my logos and calipers! Gonna do that when I have the time. probably in June or Julyish. I just got a ton of work and 2 jobs working almost 50 hours a week is tough.

Back