Dash & A/C Illumination dimmed alot

Pimpecoven

:
2002 Mazda Protege5
Title says it all, its not completely off, but very very dim. It's difficult to see my speed, and Climate control settings when driving at night. Not sure if this would be a fuse issue? And if so which one? The only one that would make sense would be "Glow" but any help is appreciated!

Hard to see but it is slightly lit up.
2eyz75u.jpg

Your dimmer circuit is probably fried.

You could probably do a jumper wire to get full brightness.

Subbed, mine seems headed this way, not super bad but not bright like you would think it should be.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for your input! when i go home tomorrow night i will look into some of the options. possibly hit pull n' save on my way home. loads of protege's;)

Yeah, probably the switch/dimmer if the whole panel is out... mines got a burnt bulb or something behind the gas gauge, fine everywhere else.

Just left our P5 for regular service at to have the dash lights looked at finally. They have been so dim lately its hard to drive at night and if you turn the headlights on during the day it messes with the ability to read the dash info. Not 30 minutes ago I got a phone call to say as the dash was being pulled apart the lights came back on full brightness and they have no idea why. I will be following this thread for an outcome or hints on what to do.

Back