D-stock Question

AutoBox

:
rockin the awd.....
ive decided to stick with d-stock until the new season next year...my question is.....can i put a forge bov and a cone filter on my msp and stay in d-stock? thx

Stock class changes are very limited... if you really want to run DS keep checking back on the rules. They're really serious about the "if it dosn't say you can, you can't" thing... even on common sense items.

YEH, thing that loses me is how stock class allows r-compound tires though....at least all i saw was hoosier and kumho lol...is a bov legal in stx tea?? and and i ordered the rallye4 harness...thx for the info on that :)

Stock class runs R's cause they have to pick up seconds somewhere :) Alignments, Rcomps and shock changes can make VERY fast stock cars.

You can't modify the intercooling system in STX, I don't think.

boo....seriously suxs......yeh i hear ya on the other d-stock guys i was runnin agaisnt all had r tires.....im waitin to see results to see how far i was behind them.....i think i was like 4 sec behind a few of them......thx for the info though

Spend your money on some tires. You can even find some used at a good price....just have to spend the time hunting for them.

yeh im savin up for a set of falkens and rims...thing is i wanna go to stx next year so i gotta look for cheap wheels to run d-stock for now lol....i hate rules (blarf) scca rules

AutoBox said:
yeh im savin up for a set of falkens and rims...thing is i wanna go to stx next year so i gotta look for cheap wheels to run d-stock for now lol....i hate rules (blarf) scca rules
Just run stock wheels and tires this year and then go to 16" rota slipstreams with Falkens for next year. 16" wheels and tires will be cheaper and lighter. Just can't change size this year. Or you can just switch over to STX now. THen you can start doing mods.
STX isn't really any faster than D-stock and you are allowed to have more fun with mods.

I'm doing STX as well, just mounted my 16" slipstreams and azenis. First autox is sunday, so we'll see how they do. Also, you cannot do BOV in STX. If you do BOV the easiest class you would be in would be street mod. My friend with a WRX found that out the hard way. He went in with a bov and a catback, and he ended up in SM. Kinda sucks, be cause catback is stock class legal, but the BOV which offers no performance gains put him into SM. So...don't get a BOV lol. I switched from DS to STX because I wanna have fun modding my car. Tom and Kristi are the STX guru's and Andy is the DS pro. I'm sure any of them can give you some good advice.

~brian

yeh im still goin back and forth on moving up to stx yet or not....with better rubber and more time i know i can smoke the itr's and wrx's in d-stock......im gonna hit a few more events in d-stock and decide then...right now i got a harness on the way and im workin on the bov and just pullin it before an event......so i got time to decide about the performance mods

conekiller said:
Tom and Kristi are the STX guru's and Andy is the DS pro. I'm sure any of them can give you some good advice.
Actually Dave at Delsing Motorsports (Micaspeed!) is the STX guru... I just happen to have more free time. I don't know who's car would be faster but their STX car has actualy money put into it and has a more solid foundation than mine. My only advantages against that car is I'm about 2" lower and have quicker gearing thanks to my much smaller tires. Dave's car has KW coilovers, a fully corrected sway bar setup, a REAL alignment setup, monster 17" azenis and a good driver.

But my wheels are black and his are silver... so I guess its a toss up. (cool)

DistantTea said:
Actually Dave at Delsing Motorsports (Micaspeed!) is the STX guru... I just happen to have more free time. I don't know who's car would be faster but their STX car has actualy money put into it and has a more solid foundation than mine. My only advantages against that car is I'm about 2" lower and have quicker gearing thanks to my much smaller tires. Dave's car has KW coilovers, a fully corrected sway bar setup, a REAL alignment setup, monster 17" azenis and a good driver.

But my wheels are black and his are silver... so I guess its a toss up. (cool)
Haha true, you do have wheel color on him ;). I dream about the KW's, but I dunno abuot having the progressive rear springs. He could go lower with the KW's if he wanted couldn't he? I'm looking forward to getting his clunk fix when it comes out, he seems like a great guy. I've PM'd him a few times and he's always been helpful. But than again, you DO have black wheels.

~brian

actually isnt it a chromish silver :)....he is gettin a slight edge tea lol....oh and im gettin cool magnet numbers and "d, s, t, x" letters :) im offically a autox ***** now(upyours)

conekiller said:
I dream about the KW's, but I dunno abuot having the progressive rear springs. He could go lower with the KW's if he wanted couldn't he?
Yeah I would want the KWs with linear spring rates in the rear... but I'm a masochist. He can't go any lower... he's running 225/45/17 Falkens which are about as big as a 245/45/17 from some brands. They take up nearly 26" of his wheel well and his wheels are pushed out to the extremes... he can't go any lower without doing some serious fender rolling.

im lookin at the k-sport coilover apecr1 if gonna have soon....once i see the offical spring rates and all..its a goo dprice for a fully adjustable coilover

AutoBox said:
im lookin at the k-sport coilover apecr1 if gonna have soon....once i see the offical spring rates and all..its a goo dprice for a fully adjustable coilover
yeah I'm interested to see how those perform. I'm gonna go with the GC coilovers, myself. Hopefully I'll have them before the next event.

~brian

DistantTea said:
Yeah I would want the KWs with linear spring rates in the rear... but I'm a masochist. He can't go any lower... he's running 225/45/17 Falkens which are about as big as a 245/45/17 from some brands. They take up nearly 26" of his wheel well and his wheels are pushed out to the extremes... he can't go any lower without doing some serious fender rolling.
I see. The first thing I noticed about my azenis is how wide they are. They look pretty thick for 215s.

~brian

Back