CX9 horrible feul consumption?!!

I noticed that you have a FWD, which is at least 2mpg better than AWD. Don't believe the difference measured by EPA. Also, you have a '07, which is 3.5L. That is another 1mpg.

CX9 AWD costs you 2-3 mpg city and 1-2 mpg highway, compared to FWD.

i'm getting about 19 average in the searing tx heat, probably 60-40 city/hwy driving. for a large SUV i'd say that's pretty good. probably not class leading but acceptable.

I noticed that you have a FWD, which is at least 2mpg better than AWD. Don't believe the difference measured by EPA. Also, you have a '07, which is 3.5L. That is another 1mpg.

CX9 AWD costs you 2-3 mpg city and 1-2 mpg highway, compared to FWD.

your mpg should rise if you can stay under 2000 rpm. I spend a lot of time around that rpm level. But it is tough, as the engine wants to pull and pull when you give it the gas LOL!

I have topped 20 mpg will AWD. Usually 18-19. Sometimes 17 if there's a lot of city driving with traffic. This car is not a standout in terms of efficiency but it's not an embarrassment either when you look at the competition.

Just got my 9 about a month ago. Got a 2010 GT with 8200 miles. I live in FL so we don't have a lot of hills. I am usually run between 70-80 mph. I am getting over 23 mpg on the highway and 21 combined. If I keep the speed to 70, I got over 24 mpg. I am in sales and travel the state of FL. So, I have a lot of opportunities to track the highway miles. My calculations seem to match the on-board computer fairly accurately.

Back