CX9 Bluetooth and an LG Chocolate phone

mickprue

I purchased a new CX9 with the NAVI system and bluetooth and seem to have some issues with it connected to an LG Chocolate phone. When dialing out from the phone's Contact list, the call never comes through the bluetooth system though it does dial out to the number. The person can answer on the other side, but you can't hear them and they can't hear you.
Funny thing is that you can punch in the digits and it seems to work fine or use the Bluetooth system itself to dial, just not from Contacts.
Any help out there?

It works with my Verizon Motorola V3C.

1) Does it the mazda pair to the phone ?

2) Are you able to dial out thru the bluetooth?

3) If you can't dial out or accept calls thru the bluetooth, I would call your carrier and ask them if a Firmware update is available for your phone. If not, you are out of luck.

mickprue said:
I purchased a new CX9 with the NAVI system and bluetooth and seem to have some issues with it connected to an LG Chocolate phone. When dialing out from the phone's Contact list, the call never comes through the bluetooth system though it does dial out to the number. The person can answer on the other side, but you can't hear them and they can't hear you.
Funny thing is that you can punch in the digits and it seems to work fine or use the Bluetooth system itself to dial, just not from Contacts.
Any help out there?

mickprue said:
Any help out there?

Hey Mick,

I finally gave up trying to get my LG Chocolate to work with my CX-9... sometimes it would connect and work okay... other times it would not. Adding only 3 names to the "address book" nearly drove me nuts. There's not much in the manual about BTooth... it's too bad, because it would be nice to use the feature. If you do figure yours out, let me (us) know.

Thanks!

omegaman

omegamanha said:
Hey Mick,

I finally gave up trying to get my LG Chocolate to work with my CX-9... sometimes it would connect and work okay... other times it would not. Adding only 3 names to the "address book" nearly drove me nuts. There's not much in the manual about BTooth... it's too bad, because it would be nice to use the feature. If you do figure yours out, let me (us) know.

Thanks!

omegaman
Doesn't help directly, but for the record, I have the CX-9 BT paired to 2 Blackberry 8700 (mine and my wife's). Everything works very well, voice recognition is very accurate, connections are solid, prioritization between 2 paired phones in the same car works fine. The only issue, and this is a common "problem" with Blackberries, is that you can't xfer the Blackberry phone book to the CX-9 system -- it's apparently a security issue, but might be "fixed" in Blackberry firmware revisions over time. Otherwise it works great.

Lexx said:
Doesn't help directly, but for the record, I have the CX-9 BT paired to 2 Blackberry 8700 (mine and my wife's). Everything works very well, voice recognition is very accurate, connections are solid, prioritization between 2 paired phones in the same car works fine. The only issue, and this is a common "problem" with Blackberries, is that you can't xfer the Blackberry phone book to the CX-9 system -- it's apparently a security issue, but might be "fixed" in Blackberry firmware revisions over time. Otherwise it works great.
I could not transfer my phone book either and I don't have a Blackberry.
The issue is with the Mazda's Bluetooth system.

Back