CX-90 Spied?

I think this is actually the CX-90, based on the extended rear and the high rear roofline.

Mazda-spied-82322-rear-1-scaled.jpg

I think so too, however the proportions in the photo are weird, especially the 2nd picture. It seems that it is skinny (wide) and really long. I am really curious to see the reveal as it seems that these CX90 is going to look worse than the current CX9.

I wouldn’t read too much into the proportions here. There’s definitely some weird lensing effects in these photos, most obviously in this one:

A86B6830-8813-4275-8A93-F9338BD0F4C0.jpeg

I think this is the coming CX-90.
Previous rumors from Japan had it that CX-90 will be announced by end of 2022. CX-70 will come in mid-2023.

Not sure I'm digging the styling, and when I put eyes on the potential 70 that may replace my 2021 Carbon I get the feeling the current design will still win me over!

A journalist from Quebec just came back from Europe and reported on his discussions with Mazda on their plans. Unfortunately, the interview is in French so maybe someone here can help translate to see if there is any new information related to Canada/US plans. For those not aware Mazda has always had a larger market share in Quebec. Canada also sells more MX-30 than the US with most getting sold in Quebec.

Last edited:
A journalist from Quebec just came back from Europe and reported on his discussions with Mazda on their plans. Unfortunately, the interview is in French so maybe someone here can help translate to see if there is any new information related to Canada/US plans. For those not aware Mazda has always had a larger market share in Quebec. Canada also sells more MX-30 than the US with most getting sold in Quebec.

From what I understood there's nothing really new that hasn't been reported before.

Thanks for posting @hoodlum.

I don't know if it's the camo, but it really doesn't look that appealing to me. In each of the three photos posted, something just looks a bit off in the proportions of the car.

Thanks for posting @hoodlum.

I don't know if it's the camo, but it really doesn't look that appealing to me. In each of the three photos posted, something just looks a bit off in the proportions of the car.
It looks both longer and lower, almost like a very large station wagon. It is way too long for my taste. But I don’t like these very large vehicles anyways.

It’s hard to be sure with the camo, but it looks like the extra width may have removed some of the awkwardness of the CX-60. I won’t be in the market for this, but I’m hopeful for the CX-70.

Looks like it also only has a sunroof. They may be testing an entry level trim, but honestly, with the CX-9 being their most expensive model, it should have a pano roof on all trims.

Looks like it also only has a sunroof. They may be testing an entry level trim, but honestly, with the CX-9 being their most expensive model, it should have a pano roof on all trims.
Agreed. Can't believe they would give the CX-50 and CX-60 a pano but not the CX-90.

It's a normal bussiness decision. They are going upmarket, why would they give a panoramic sunroof to an entry level model ? Mazda makes they're money from the upper models. Think I read a while ago that the majority of Mazda customers choose the higher trims, therefore it makes sense to have it on upper trims.
I am sure the base models will have a pretty good stack of options in typical Mazda fashion, just probably not the panoramic roof.

As about the new pics, I am a bit intrigued, the car seems really long. I will be in the market for a Mazda SUV next year but CX90 is too big for my taste. I am hoping that the CX70 will be release in time, otherwise will need to think at a different option.

I’m not sure that’s what we’re seeing. Mazda’s panos have a front section over the driver that vents like a sunroof.

Back