CX-9 automatic door lock : solution ?

paulvha

:
CX9/2007
Hi,

The CX-9 does NOT standard have automatic door-lock. Which is weird for a car of 40K, but it is a fact. I have not seen it as an option somewhere, but many people looking for it. Time for action.

I have worked on a solution for my CX-9 (2007) that uses the parking-brake as activator. Easy with a couple of relays and components. It works great !

Attached is a detailed description around the solution. I will watch this forum to see whether there are any questions.

regards,
Paul(poke)

Attachments

• Cx9-Doorlock.pdf
    734.5 KB · Views: 4,044
Great job.
I am sure lots of CX9 owners will appreciate that.
Do you consider selling the kit?
Not everyone is electronics-savvy.

Another mod-kit that CX9 owners look for is the navigation defeat.
It is just a 555-IC with some resistors and capacitors to generate fake speed pusles that fool the display unit into thinking that the speed is below 5mph so that the system does not disallow some selections/entry. There is no such kit exist for CX9. Many people would pay $100+ for this kit. If you need to know more, I can point you to the circuitry.
Personally, I have no time to try that myself.
ref: (how they work)
www.coastaletech.com
www.prestigioussociety.com

Last edited:
Thanks Ceric,

I am not considering selling it as a kit. I don't have the time either to handle that. Maybe someone else is interested to handle it.

Hi,

The CX-9 does NOT standard have automatic door-lock. Which is weird for a car of 40K, but it is a fact. I have not seen it as an option somewhere, but many people looking for it. Time for action.

I have worked on a solution for my CX-9 (2007) that uses the parking-brake as activator. Easy with a couple of relays and components. It works great !

Attached is a detailed description around the solution. I will watch this forum to see whether there are any questions.

regards,
Paul(poke)

I just came across this thread. Sorry for being late to the party, but the Mazda CX-9 (2007) does have automatic door locks. But the dealer has to activate this option for you. It is not owner accessible. I had the dealer activate mine and it works great. After I'm about 10 to 15 feet away from the vehicle, it beeps once and then a few seconds later it beeps again and then locks. This is with the RFID system option key-less entry.

Last edited:
I just came across this thread. Sorry for being late to the party, but the Mazda CX-9 (2007) does have automatic door locks. But the dealer has to activate this option for you. It is not owner accessible. I had the dealer activate mine and it works great. After I'm about 10 to 15 feet away from the vehicle, it beeps once and then a few seconds later it beeps again and then locks. This is with the RFID system option key-less entry.

Re-read. What he is referring to is when you GET IN THE CAR and start to drive, most cars in the $$ range of ours, the doors will lock, ours however do not.

You are referring to when you LEAVE your car with KEY in your pocket, then the doors auto lock, which you are correct, the dealer can program this for you.

Programming AutoLock

I am curious about other options that can be programmed. I would also like my 2010 CX-9 to lock once I am out of range. Is this a service your dealer charged you for? Also, would the auto-lock function if the engine is running? That may sound strange, but I often run by my company mailbox and with my Infinti I can leave the cur running, lock the doors wirelessly and run inside for 10 seconds to pick-up our mail. I would like to be able to do this with my new Mazda, but cannot find away to lock the car with the engine running.

>> Is this a service your dealer charged you for?
A: If your CX9 was bought from the dealer, the dealer should have no problem customizing settings for you free of charge for the 1st time. If you regret the change later, they may charge it, which is reasonable, I think. Mine was done for free. I had auto-lock turned on and have been using it ever since.

>> Also, would the auto-lock function if the engine is running?
A: No. It locks only when it detects all conditions are met, and your SmartKey is within range outside the vehicle. However, it also lock when you have passengers sitting inside (yes, it is that dumb). So, it is not perfect.

>> That may sound strange, but I often run by my company mailbox and with my Infinti I can leave the cur running, lock the doors wirelessly and run inside for 10 seconds to pick-up our mail. I would like to be able to do this with my new Mazda, but cannot find away to lock the car with the engine running.
A: Don't know if there is a way. See if others have suggestions or solutions.
I am sure that autolock is not going work when engine is running.

I could be mistaken but on my CX-7 I had OEM remote start and I could hit the RS button, remove key, exit car and the car would remain running. I did this when running into gas station. However I had the GT with NO Smart Key.

I do not have RS on my 9, however if you added it, I think this may solve that issue?

Anyone with RS on the CX-9 with Smartkey can verify?

>> Is this a service your dealer charged you for?
A: If your CX9 was bought from the dealer, the dealer should have no problem customizing settings for you free of charge for the 1st time. If you regret the change later, they may charge it, which is reasonable, I think. Mine was done for free. I had auto-lock turned on and have been using it ever since.

>> Also, would the auto-lock function if the engine is running?
A: No. It locks only when it detects all conditions are met, and your SmartKey is within range outside the vehicle. However, it also lock when you have passengers sitting inside (yes, it is that dumb). So, it is not perfect.

>> That may sound strange, but I often run by my company mailbox and with my Infinti I can leave the cur running, lock the doors wirelessly and run inside for 10 seconds to pick-up our mail. I would like to be able to do this with my new Mazda, but cannot find away to lock the car with the engine running.
A: Don't know if there is a way. See if others have suggestions or solutions.
I am sure that autolock is not going work when engine is running.

I have a 2010 GT w/ the smart card and the remote start and it does work that way. The kicker being it will only last for 10 minutes.

I can start my car, leave it running and walk away with the smart key and it will keep running, but I don't think it will let you lock it.

Thank you very much!

Hi,

regards,
Paul(poke)

Thank you very much Paul. I know I'm pretty late in the game, but I've now had my 08 CX9 for about six months. The one thing that has bothered me the most about this car is that with all the technological advancement it has, it doesn't even have automatic door looks. I even have 14 year old Dodge pickup truck that automatically locks at 15 miles an hour.
After searching around for a solution, I happened to run across this thread with your PDF file. Given that it appeared to be a relatively simple and inexpensive circuit, I'd thought I'd give it a try. Quite honestly, I had my doubts. I was actually expecting it not to work more than I expected it to work. I went through the testing, but after getting to the third and fourth test, I couldn't really tell the "click-clack" of one relay from the other nor the order of the "click-clacks". I just went on ahead and tried hooking it up to the car anyway. But once I hooked it up and turned on the ignition, it actually worked as I engaged and unengaged the brake! This was so sweet!!!!
I even brought my son out to let him see if he could tell if anything was different about the car. I engaged and unengaged the brake as I put in and out of gear. It worked so smoothly and professionally, he didn't even know what I was showing him nor was even aware of this new feature that we now have.

I just want to say thank you very much for sharing this with the public. Words can't express how generous you have been in sharing (for free) this awesome feature.

Keith

You are welcome Keith.
Your reaction brings a smile to me face as it triggered my memory and remember the victory feeling I had when it work. It still works today, daily, without any problems. Good to see that Mazda realized the missing feature and included that in update BCM that was build a later versions, looks 2010 and newer. For the people having the older version however this solution can help.

You are welcome Keith.
Your reaction brings a smile to me face as it triggered my memory and remember the victory feeling I had when it work. It still works today, daily, without any problems. Good to see that Mazda realized the missing feature and included that in update BCM that was build a later versions, looks 2010 and newer. For the people having the older version however this solution can help.

I'm glad it brought a smile to your face. It certainly brought great joy to me when I saw it actually working. And its encouraging to know that it is still working for you.

Thanks again,
Keith

Back