CX-60 production starts this Month

I would expect more detailed specs from Mazda very soon

On January 7, we learned that Mazda will begin production of the new CX-60 sport utility vehicle (SUV) by the end of January.

Production of the CX-60 for the domestic and European markets will begin at the Hofu Plant No. 2 (Hofu City). It will be marketed in Europe, where environmental regulations are strict, by spring. It is expected to be launched in Japan around summer.

The CX-90 is launching first, so the CX-70 will likely land in '23 as a '24 model. I think part of the reason why they refreshed the CX-5 again within the same generation was to help bridge this gap.

1646953427320.png

Above, translated from Japanese News site. ;)

I think part of the reason why they refreshed the CX-5 again within the same generation was to help bridge this gap.
1646953592172.png

Seems to me from the Japanese news above, CX5 will continue for quite some time...
Translated from Japanese New site.

They must only be building hybrids right now, otherwise there would be final specs and details available about the 3.0 straight six engine by this point.

From what I learned, PHEV first, then diesel 3.3L, then gas 3.0L Skyactiv-X (turbo?).
On CX70 (wider version of CX60) in US, we are not getting the diesel version for sure.

Back