CX-5 Storage under console?

:
2019 CX-5 GTR
I picked up my CX-5 GTR a couple weeks ago and I love it. My biggest complaints are interior proportions. The interior is beautiful but why is the console so high and wide? There has to be a huge amount of unused space under this thing. I wish they had designed it lower and moved the shifter, cup holders and controls forward so you could have a larger storage area and wider arm rest. An easy storage fix would be to cut holes in the lower portions of the console (calf/knee high area) and add cubbys for storage. Has anyone removed their console? Is it empty space under there? Also wish the seat was larger and had more side bolsters. The seats in my Mazda3 were more comfortable.

I suspect the console changed to include the HVAC vents in the rear. I don*t think my 2106 had those.

Also wish the seat was larger and had more side bolsters. The seats in my Mazda3 were more comfortable.

There are a few threads here about the seats.

I've pointed out that the manual actually has a step-by-step process for adjusting the seats...I've never seen that before. Page 2-8. Following that process helped make the seat more comfortable for me. The instructions have me sitting further forward than I'm use to.

And after 7 months of ownership, I've either adapted or the seats have broken in a bit.

Last edited:
Back