2017~2024 CX-5 Signature maintenance question

q1054521247q

:
CX5 17GT,21SIG
1. what is the oil change interval on the 2021 cx5 signature turbo. how often do you change it?
2. will there be a need to change out the transmission fluid?
3. AWD system need maintenance?

sorry for asking but my cx5 didn't come with the owner manual.

1. what is the oil change interval on the 2021 cx5 signature turbo. how often do you change it?

Here's a link to the online Owner's Manual for the 2017 CX-5.

If you use the search function in the owner's manual, using the term "scheduled maintenance", you'll find a chart that illustrates Mazda's recommended fluid change intervals, as well as part inspection/replacement schedules.

You can also use the search function here on our forum (magnifying glass in the top right) to search for terms like "differential fluid" or "transmission fluid" to see what other members recommend. There is a drop-down list to the right of the search field that allows you to search the entire forum, or restrict it to a specific sub-forum or thread.

Here's a link to the online Owner's Manual for the 2017 CX-5.

If you use the search function in the owner's manual, using the term "scheduled maintenance", you'll find a chart that illustrates Mazda's recommended fluid change intervals, as well as part inspection/replacement schedules.

You can also use the search function here on our forum (magnifying glass in the top right) to search for terms like "differential fluid" or "transmission fluid" to see what other members recommend. There is a drop-down list to the right of the search field that allows you to search the entire forum, or restrict it to a specific sub-forum or thread.
Since the OP has a '21, If we want to provide him the proper Owner's Manual, here's the link:

2021 CX-5 Owner's Manual

And here's a link specifically to the Scheduled Maintenance section:

2021 CX-5 Scheduled Maintenance

Yeah, not being wise guys but we really want to refer you to the OM. The worst scenario possible is that if you get a major problem - even if it was going to happen unrelated to oil change advise, you'll be kicking yourself for listening to a bunch of yo-yo's on a Mazda website (including me)

You can google oils change and you'll get dozens of answers, depending on......

Do you only drive 2,000 miles a year?
Does it get up to highway speed regularly.
I change every 3,000 miles no matter what.
I change every 7,000 miles no matter what.
I change every 5,000 miles no matter what.
I live in the desert.
I live in Minnesota.

Me, I drive only 3,000 - 4,000 miles a year and I change it every spring.

YMMV - literally.

For 2021 CX-5 Signature with the 2.5T, Mazda recommends:

1. Use “Flexible“ OCI which is UP TO 7,500 miles or 12 months whichever comes first based on your driving habit. Check the “Oil Change” setting in Maintenance Monitor from your infotainment screen.

Most Mazda dealers would urge you to change oil at 5,000 miles. I personally change the oil once every year since our CX-5 has been driven less than 5,000 miles per year.

Make sure to use 5W-30 full synthetic oil and correct OEM oil filter as the 2.5T uses different oil filter from the 2.5L if you change oil by yourself.

2. Mazda has no maintenance scheduled on ATF, meaning life-time. But many believe the ATF will degrade over time, and would want to do multiple drain-and-fills on ATF for every 50K miles.

3. No maintenance scheduled by Mazda on AWD system unless the CX-5 has been running through the deep water. Again, some would want to do the gear lube change on front transfer case and rear differential for every 50K miles.

Lot of stop and go driving? 5k intervals or 1 year, whichever comes first
Otherwise, 7k intervals or 1 year, whichever comes first.

I replace oil/filter between 500 and 1k for new car break-in - old habit.

There should be a separate total revolutions odometer for engines IMO.

Back