CX-5 Sales continue to set records

Not yet.

April/May is when the minor refresh appears (March is when they started getting manufactured in Japan) so around then or there after is when I am purchasing one :)

Is there any official news from Mazda Australia that the 2018 update will be coming with cylinder deactivation?

Good to see CX-5 still the no.1 SUV in Aus :)

Is there any official news from Mazda Australia that the 2018 update will be coming with cylinder deactivation?

Good to see CX-5 still the no.1 SUV in Aus :)

Too soon.

Normally they release all the changes/updates info the week it goes on sale.

The info I posted in my thread in January was information told to me by the dealer. I have also seen on other sites some users also getting this information (cylinder deactivation, 360 camera and other spec changes) from their dealer(s).

Too soon.

The info I posted in my thread in January was information told to me by the dealer. I have also seen on other sites some users also getting this information (cylinder deactivation, 360 camera and other spec changes) from their dealer(s).

Ok lets just wait and see. Pretty sure it should come soon for you to hand over the cash. (thumb)

Too soon.

I’d imagine the cylinder deactivation is across the board worldwide. Mazda wouldn’t produce the same engine without it.

Wish the 6 sales were better.
Maybe people are waiting for the turbo. Hopefully anyway.
Such a nice car that no-one is buying.

Wish the 6 sales were better.
Maybe people are waiting for the turbo. Hopefully anyway.
Such a nice car that no-one is buying.

Agreed..if I could tick an awd option on the turbo and/or spec a manual it would help its case with me.
Very impressive cx5 sales growth in 2018! Imagine what a flagship diesel pulling 35s on the road might do..flip side- look what our numbers are even without it!

There's no way I'd buy a 6 right now. If I'm in the market, I'm waiting for the new one

CX-5 (2261) was 9th best selling vehicle in OZ land for March, third best selling SUV behind Nissan X-Trail [Rogue] (2504) and Mitsubishi ASX (2337)

Mitsubishi topped Mazda? I have lost much respect for the Aussies...

Mitsubishi topped Mazda? I have lost much respect for the Aussies...

Because it's cheaper (not to mention older, creakier etc) and they offer discounts constantly where as Mazda don't discount that often.

Not all Aussies are enlightened!

Because it's cheaper (not to mention older, creakier etc) and they offer discounts constantly where as Mazda don't discount that often.

Not all Aussies are enlightened!

The Mitsubishi is in the small SUV segment whereas CX-5 is midsize SUV. The Mitsi as they call it here is seen as the cheap and nasty product selling on price alone.

CX-5 will still be top for the year always consistently in the top 2 in its segment. Rogue and Tucson will get the odd bumper month then disappear out of the top 3 altogether. Consistency wins out.

Mazda sales continue to be good:

https://insidemazda.mazdausa.com/press-release/mazda-reports-sales-increase-35-7-percent-march/

They are on track to sell 170K CX-5's in 2018, which would be a huge jump in sales from 2017. Even the CX-3 and CX-9 are doing well.
CX-5 sales continue to rise is good but part of reason is the overall sales on compact CUV in the US have been rising too. Toyota RAV4 and Honda CR-V have been out-selling Camry's and Accord's for the last several years where Camry's and Accord's were the top-selling vehicles in the US for many years.

(uhm)

Last time I checked, the statistic is still showing Mazda CX-5's US sales figures are at the bottom batch of compact CUV sales. In fact, Toyota RAV4 is still outselling Mazda CX-5 at least twice as many with older model. The only good news is Mazda CX-5 finally passed Subaru Forester on sales volume so far this year.

Compact CUVs
US Sales
(to February)
February
Toyota RAV4407,59456,52229,867
Nissan Rogue403,46574,30338,119
Honda CR-V377,89550,17825,852
Ford Escape308,29638,98021,033
Chevrolet Equinox290,45850,45824,053
Subaru Outback188,88627,30014,021
Subaru Forester177,56322,48811,640
Jeep Cherokee169,88226,84612,225
Mazda CX-5127,56326,67913,216
Hyundai Tucson114,73516,0768,438
Kia Sportage72,82411,5795,867

Yea, everyone knows SUV sales are soaring at the expense of cars. It's been mentioned a few times in this thread. It shouldn't detract from Mazdas success selling CX-5s. People could be buying Hyundai's instead.

CX-5 sales continue to rise is good but part of reason is the overall sales on compact CUV in the US have been rising too. Toyota RAV4 and Honda CR-V have been out-selling Camry's and Accord's for the last several years where Camry's and Accord's were the top-selling vehicles in the US for many years.

RAV4 at the top of that list. I thought I wanted one and grew to hate it. Yes, the engine and transmission are dependable but that's it. No power, rattletrap interior, hard seats, cheap materials. So glad to have a CX-9. Carry on!

Back