CX-5 Rear Bumper Guard from China

:
Virginia
:
2021 CX-5 White
Got one of these from China on eBay. Did not look like the one in the picture, with the lip that curls over the corner, but works nevertheless. It has a rubber edge guard around it. Came very well packaged in highly padded package taped to a piece of wood to prevent bending. No damage to the piece.

https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

Removed from package showing wood stiffener
458l.jpg

6nyv.jpg

Removed from packaging

99f.JPG

Not yet stuck on with 3M tape, but approximation of what it would look like

t5ye.jpg

3ceb.jpg

Anyway, seems like a reasonable alternative to the OEM version.

That's the risk you have to take with Chinese auctions... Sometimes you get what they show, sometimes you get a close representation.

Bummer it doesn't wrap over. That would have been a great price or a molded piece.

Actually the Ebay add does show this one. In the 2nd pic at least. That 1st pic they use def has a added rolled lip though.

If it really bothers you, then file a paypal claim. You didnt receive what was pictured, so you will get a refund. Ive bought things off ebay that werent as pictured as have always got a full refund once i filed a claim. And dont feel bad about it. It will teach them to use actual photo's in the future.

Actually the Ebay add does show this one. In the 2nd pic at least. That 1st pic they use def has a added rolled lip though.

If it really bothers you, then file a paypal claim. You didnt receive what was pictured, so you will get a refund. Ive bought things off ebay that werent as pictured as have always got a full refund once i filed a claim. And dont feel bad about it. It will teach them to use actual photo's in the future.

Thanks...I guess in the end, it seems not much different than the Mazda one, and it was a good price, so I think I will keep it.

Thanks! But your set looks nicer than the eBay's set. :)
I guess that was part of the issue. Mine was delivered differently than the picture, but the rubber lip around the entire piece is actually kind of nice. It helps form a better seal since the 3M double sided tape is rather thick and lifts the piece slightly, so the rubber surround seals the gap.

I guess that was part of the issue. Mine was delivered differently than the picture, but the rubber lip around the entire piece is actually kind of nice. It helps form a better seal since the 3M double sided tape is rather thick and lifts the piece slightly, so the rubber surround seals the gap.

Nice piece you got there. :)

Back