Best rear bumper guard for 2021 Mazda CX-5?

Being that new, I'd get an OEM one. The insurance company should be able to help you out here.

The best rear bumper? It's not like there are any aftermarket choices for bumpers.

Mazda makes Mazda rear bumpers.

So your best, and only choice, is, surprise, Mazda.

I just had a rear bumper repaired on my 2021. Fortunately the body shop was able to repair the OEM one, not a bad impact. They told me I was very lucky in that a lot of the aftermarket ones don't fit, or have the durability, as the OEM one. The other drivers insurance would have mandated an aftermarket. But I could have paid the difference, which I would have to get OEM. New car, keep it that way.

I just had a rear bumper repaired on my 2021. The other drivers insurance would have mandated an aftermarket.
Yeah, no, that's not their choice. Oh, they may tell you that at first, but you can easily fight that.

Guards for what? The flimsy thing that they call a bumper nowadays? A modern so called bumper is basically useless. Now if you do want a bumper guard put on one of those big things that are mounted on police cars. Won't look too good though.

OP I edited your post to make your request more clear. The bumper (or bumper cover) is the part shown in @ceric's post above. I think what you're after is something like this?

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B098T66LBF/

Or this?

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B075724B2V/

And here's a link to an OEM bumper guard option:

Guards for what? The flimsy thing that they call a bumper nowadays? A modern so called bumper is basically useless. Now if you do want a bumper guard put on one of those big things that are mounted on police cars. Won't look too good though.
If you're asking is because maybe you don't live in a city like New York. I want the bumper for protection when I'm parking

If you're asking is because maybe you don't live in a city like New York. I want the bumper for protection when I'm parking

To protect your car or to protect the cars around you while you attempt to park?

Probably not much help and a fairly expensive solution, but adding a tow bar, hitch and ball ought to do it. You'd want a set-up where the hitch and ball can be locked to prevent theft. You might not even need the ball.

Even if you don't tow there are other functions you might find a use for such as a cargo carrier or bike rack that fits in the tow bar receptacle. I've also seen steps but I struggle to see the utility.

I have noticed that the first part of the car that will impact a wall is the Mazda emblem just below the lip of the hood.
I've looked for some kind of trim piece(s) that would give the bumper some padding. Maybe something like these:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

I'm still looking.

I don't know if an attachment sticking out of a hitch would be good. If something hit it hard enough it might damage the subframe or body where the hitch is attached, which could be more expensive than a new bumper cover.

I have a local trusted shop install clearshield on the entire rear bumper. As well as any forward facing surfaces. Otherwise I think the only other option is the OEM part but it only protects the top portion on loading and unloading the rear.

Back