2017~2024 CX-5 Navigation Guidance Volume Goes Crazy

:
2019 & 2023
2019 CX-5. Has anyone had the Navigation guidance announcements unexpectedly jump to a very loud “Guidance will be at this volume” out of the blue? The display menu shows it’s at the max volume and I have to back the slide bar to a comfortable setting. This happens without touching the steering wheel buttons or the console buttons. In fact, I am not using Navigation at all when it happens, just the radio. It happened two or three times in the last month.

I’ve had navigation since 2019 and never had a problem. My Infotainment version is 74.00.230 NA. After correcting to Guidance volume, it sticks and it’s normal when I use it.

Thanks. I have to find out where that ghost went to school. Do you know long it takes me to find the guidance volume control slidebar when it’s not talking?

Update to assist others that have the issue:
Ceric was right in that my issue was the Ghost Touch. TSB 09-003/22 addresses it. It can be brought on by cleaning solvents on the screen or expansion/contraction of the layers brought on by sunlight heat. The latter was most likely as I never touch it (I hate fingerprints) and keep a microfiber cloth in the car if I get something on it.

The Guidance Volume changing was one of the symptoms and the screen randomly jumping around when using Navigation in which I had to hit the Return to cockpit” button to get back to the map.

Originally, the whole display K123-61-1J0A was being replaced by Mazda and it was well over $1000 US. They revised the TSB and identified the touchscreen only as the only part needed. They created kit K1Y3-61-1JZ or 1JZA which just had the screen and some other bits instead for $200 or so. The labor was 1/2 hour.

I called my local dealership armed with all the info from the TSB and asked about getting it fixed. It turned out that Mazda extended the warranty for this issue and it was covered beyond the 3 year factory warranty. I‘ve had the car for over 3 1/2 years.

It‘s only been 2 weeks but so far it’s behaving itself. This forum is a great resource.

ChatGPT is smart enough to know that "Wife is always right."

b1cfpuijd6ea1.jpg

Back