Need help identifying display and navigation (2023 CX-5)

Hello,
I got a new Mazda CX5 AWD 2023 (new lights) - however the vehicle production year is 2022.
When I hit the Nav button - it shows me compass and "your vehicle isnt equipped with navigation...."

Now my mazda dealership sales guy is clueless, and told me for navigation I need to get the higher model (the price of which is significantly higher), and has no idea about the SD card for navigation.

However, from all the videos online, Mazda cx5 comes with 10.25 widescreen display - But, mine is the 4:3 or 16:9 and cant fig the size.
I want the navigation SD card for integration with HUD. I found one on navi-world for my region, But im unable to verify if it will work with this screen..

It has a "Suppression Code" : BHW666EZ1H [Note :Mazda Cx-5 2015-2022* (works only with 7.5-8.5 inches display with Mazda Connect System / main menu on photo above)]

Any clues to
1) how do I verify it for my Vehicle ?
2) How to fig my Vehicle infotainment display size/aspect-ratio/version etc ?
3) What suppression code should I be looking for ?

Attachments

• SS-1-Maz.jpg
    SS-1-Maz.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 151
  • SS-2Maz.jpg
    SS-2Maz.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 159
Your car does have an SD card slot in the dash somewhere, right?

Go back to the dealer and ask for the sales manager. Describe your experience and ask to speak with someone that's not an idiot and knows about the products they are selling.

Go back to the dealer and ask for the sales manager. Describe your experience and ask to speak with someone that's not an idiot and knows about the products they are selling.

They may have to send the OP to a different dealer...

Your car does have an SD card slot in the dash somewhere, right?
Yes Yes, my car does have the SD slot, And ive located it.

I found the possible compatible card as well. Was concerned of compatibility with the display of my vehicle as all 2023 cx-5's come with a 10.25" widescreen display, but mine, though 2023 has come with the 4:3 / 16:9 display.
I posted this, as the SD Nav says wont work with newer models & I was unsure on the display resolution / size.

Ive done this, the manager got involved, and told me he will check with the technical staff.. but no response as yet.

Even my 2022 CX-5 Turbo (one model below Signature) did not come with a SD card.
I had to buy one to activate all the goodies (Navi and sign recognition, etc.)

Found one for you for reference below from Amazon.
Not affiliated to the seller.
It says, this applies to all models of CX-5 2021-2023.

I suspect that, the displaying software is already in the system to match the hardware.
The SD card just has the map data.
But, I am not 100% sure of this.

When I updated SD cards of my '16 Mazda6 and '14 Mazda3 and '17 CX5, they did not lose the historical data. So, it is not a total refresh.

based on the provided pictures the car is the new fascia/model but the infotainment from the previous generation 6. In US that was in cx5 till 2020(incl). That makes me believe the OP is not in US. It is the infotainment system version/generation that matters not how big the screen is.

Last edited:
based on the provided pictures the car is the new fascia/model but the infotainment from the previous generation 6. In US that was in cx5 till 2020(incl). That makes me believe the OP is not in US. It is the infotainment system version/generation that matters not how big the screen is.
Yes - both me & vehicle in GCC.
The reason I posted this as the SD card in question mentioned 2016-'22, not compatible with '23 10.25" display.

Wasnt sure how they measured the display, incl bezels or without. Besides no clarity on the display from mazda even in their manual/spec sheet.

So now the navi website has responded.
upon payment I get to download the files and transfer to any SD.
Does any SD actually mean any SD ? Size make speed nano/micro with converter will do..?

Im sure these are silly questions.. none-the-less.
Just enthused about the HUD. I havent even looked at the instrument cluster yet..

Silly questions don´t exist, only dump ansvars.
As long as SD is formatted in FAT 32 and at least 8 GB, there is free play :giggle:

Quick update.

Received the email with instructions and file.
Transferred to SD
Downloaded the mazda toolkit, registered, updated etc..
Popped in the SD in cx-5.. as soon as I turned on the vehicle .. NAV came up and all set in 10 Seconds.

Took it for a quick spin, HUD info looks lovely.
Navigation is not as great as the beemer.. but none the less.. pure eye candy & thrill.

Thankyou all.

Attachments

• Maz_ss3.jpg
    Maz_ss3.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 158
  • maz_ss4.jpg
    maz_ss4.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 158
Quick update.

Received the email with instructions and file.
Transferred to SD
Downloaded the mazda toolkit, registered, updated etc..
Popped in the SD in cx-5.. as soon as I turned on the vehicle .. NAV came up and all set in 10 Seconds.

Took it for a quick spin, HUD info looks lovely.
Navigation is not as great as the beemer.. but none the less.. pure eye candy & thrill.

Thankyou all.
Then time for playing around in settings, lots of thing to adjust. :)

Back