CX-5 Navigation acting crazy

Etop

:
Mazda CX-7
Yesterday my navigation system screen went blank than came back on with my route. For some reason when I make a turn the map does not know which way I am heading. Sometimes it shows me off the road or the map will rotate right or left. It is just acting crazy. I took it to the dealer today and was told they would need it all day and provide me with a loaner car. Anybody have this problem.

My unit could not find any sattelites for roughly 15 minutes. It was showing that I was home, while I drove about 10 miles away. It did find itself at the next start up. Is there a way to reboot the unit without having to turn off the car?

I updated 2 weeks ago. At that time I also purchased the 18 months for the 12 month deal. I haven't received any emails from TT telling me to update further.

I think hes saying do a update, not that there is one?

There is a GPSFIX update that calculates where satellites will be in the next 7 days so that the TomTom can try and get satellite signal faster.
It's recommended to do this update once a week.

I've never done a update of any type on my Xtrail 2009 model, and never failed yet to get a fix.

To suggest updating weekly is in practical.

I've never done a update of any type on my Xtrail 2009 model, and never failed yet to get a fix.

To suggest updating weekly is in practical.

I'm just saying that's what the TomTom Home program said. With these newer TomTom devices there are constant speed camera updates and community fixed map info. If you opt-in to that, you get map updates pretty much daily (users fix a map, tomtom verifies and pushes the small update), the gpsfix is the same and the TomTom Home suggest updating weekly.
I'm not saying this is the OP's issue, but was a suggestion with the GPSFix. The OP has yet replied after he posted.

My CX5 is doing something similar, so I came here to search and see if others have had this issue.

I updated about 2 months ago when it first started, it was ok for awhile, and now it's started again, worse than ever. Multiple issues, including: (1) map shows the road jumping around (my daughter claims it's dancing to the music on the radio), and (2) unit completely stalls, shows my vehicle on a route, but not moving, speed/ETA blank out, then suddenly starts working again 5-10 miles down the road. The other day I took the wrong exit off of a highway (took exit towards work, force of habit). I turned around, got back on the highway, but TomTom acted as though I'd never exited/returned --- it thought I was 4 miles down the road towards my destination. It even told me to take my exit 4 miles early. Fixed that by canceling the route, then resetting (it actually let me do that while driving, since it was a "recent destination"), and then it worked fine the rest of the way.

I haven't called the dealer yet, but hope to take it in next week. I'll also try another update/reboot in the meantime. Just checking to see if the OP had gotten any resolution when they took theirs in to the dealer.

Back