CX-5 GTR Totaled

erhayes

Contributor
:
2022CX5 PP
I totaled my 2021 GTR last Thursday in the rain. Air bag saved me along with Mazda's safety record for vehicles. I walked away without even a scuff mark. I have a picture on my cell phone but, don't know how to get it here. The jerk in a 2004 pickup speeded up to run a red light while I was turning. After looking at my CX5, I could easily be killed in a less well-built vehicle. Ed

I totaled my 2021 GTR last Thursday in the rain. Air bag saved me along with Mazda's safety record for vehicles. I walked away without even a scuff mark. I have a picture on my cell phone but, don't know how to get it here. The jerk in a 2004 pickup speeded up to run a red light while I was turning. After looking at my CX5, I could easily be killed in a less well-built vehicle. Ed
I feel you bro, my 2016 CX-5 GT got totaled by a pickup jerk a couple of weeks ago. I still have not gotten over it.

I totaled my 2021 GTR last Thursday in the rain. Air bag saved me along with Mazda's safety record for vehicles... I could easily be killed in a less well-built vehicle

THIS RIGHT HERE. I'm on my 5th Mazda, and I'll always have one. My 93 Protege saved me and my family's life.

Sucks about the car, but I'm glad to hear that it did it's job in keeping you safe and uninjured!

Yes, in the grand scheme of things, all that really matters is that you walked away from it uninjured. That said, the worst part of this for you is likely to be finding an acceptable (to you) replacement vehicle without taking a big financial hit. The global shortage of autos, coupled with the inflation of prices by the stealerships, makes buying at this time something that very few people would choose to do voluntarily. So good luck with that, and hopefully you'll be able to find something that you're ok with.

Sorry to here that as well but so glad you're injury free...I seem to recall a post about a CX-5 that was hit so hard the engine separated from the vehicle and miraculously the driver survived unscathed!

Glad to hear there were no injuries resulting from your accident.

This may have nothing to do with your accident, but the IIHS updated side impact test comes to mind with the only small SUV receiving a good rating was the CX-5 for structural integrity and design. Be happy you were not in an HR-V. Watch the video.

That sucks, but glad you were not hurt. I know the feeling. A red light runner totaled my '20 CX-5 earlier this year. I was completely unharmed, luckily.

Back