CX-5 Dust Issue?

fred101

2021.5 CX-5 GT AWD Turbo
I went to clean the inside of my cx 5 and noticed a lot of dust on my drivers door and side of seat, carpet, all of the seals look to be there. Anyone else have similar problem?

I have the same observation with my cx-9. I just figured driver door gets the most traffic hence the level of dust.
No I don't think it's from that. When you drive down a dusty road you can see the inside getting more dust floating in the air. All doors closed and windows, the seals all seem fine.

Yes it's in there. I know I had seen a post somewhere before that said there was 2 holes in the firewall.
There's wiring holes but they should be sealed.
If you're still under warranty (your profile doesn't show you trim/year) talk to the dealer.

I went to clean the inside of my cx 5 and noticed a lot of dust on my drivers door and side of seat, carpet, all of the seals look to be there. Anyone else have similar problem?

I find "dust" wherever there's a good amount of use or traffic. Comes from our skin cells, our hair, shedding from our clothing, and whatever else (ie, tissues, books) we fiddle with inside our vehicles.

If I don't go after the dust every several days, I find it can begin accumulating. I generally use the 303 Protectant product and good-quality microfiber cloths to help keep the cabin area clean. Fairly frequent vacuuming of the interior carpet and seat crevices also helps.

My suggestion would be: bump up the frequency of your cleanings, and ensure vacuuming the carpeting and cleaning of the mats is included. A decent non-static and non-attracting cleaning chemical, as part of the regime, should also help.

Back